The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

6 posts Page 1 of 1
My first ever fast
07 Mar 2013, 15:50
Have saved my calories for an evening meal with my husband tonight, thought it would be to hard with the smell of food at supper time without being able to eat, so had a tesco light cup soup lunch time and tonight will be chicken and vegs.

Im drinking herbal tea and water with lemon atm, feeling the hunger creeping up on me, but keep telling my self that tomorrow is a normal day and I must resist!
Re: My first ever fast
07 Mar 2013, 16:02
Well done you, im fairly new to fasting only been doing it for a month or so and only found this site today. When I started the first week I had a bit of a starvation panic! Before if I was hungry I'd go stuff myself with something in the kitchen while standing up lol even if dinner was half an hour away, not good! I have found when I'm hungry on fast days it passes I never feel ill with hunger or anything horrible like that it's been a real eye opener, hope it turns out the same for you, best of luck xx
07 Mar 2013, 16:07
thank you! feel really tired right now, headache earlier, but that has gone, just really really hungry right now..

But hoping to see some results after a few weeks, to keep me focused
07 Mar 2013, 16:10
Good luck! Today is my 2nd fast. This website has been AWESOME for tips, encouragement, etc! I think it has made it so much easier to start the program - very happy I found it and thankful for the wonderful people that created it and those that share their experiences and motivation! :)

Hope y'all both have a good day! Stay strong - tomorrow is so close! Ok, not so close for me over in the US...it's only 11:00 am. Haha...

- Lindsey
07 Mar 2013, 17:36
Starting today too thought about food most of the day but so far so good. Waiting as long as possible to have my last 250 cals. I had 200 for breakfast which now I've read some posts on here seems like a mistake. I will try saving them all for supper next fast (Monday)
Good luck with the rest of your day.
07 Mar 2013, 18:35
I just had my 400kcal dinner, homemade: chickenbreast with spices, mixed veg with a can of tomatoes on so a bit like a sauce with veg.

gonna have a hot chocolate later (40kcal)

feel better now ive had some food, but fear ill be hungry again soon :(
6 posts Page 1 of 1