The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Fast day hunger distractions!
08 Mar 2013, 14:26
I'd love to know what techniques other people use.

Generally I'm busy taking care of my little one or making candles for my business but I still find times when I need to find something else to distract me on fast days!

Some distractions I have tried so far are:

Painting my nails

Having a nice bath

Exercise

Cleaning/tidying

I know they aren't particularly exciting or imaginitive but to be honest I probably like the pampering ones best (when I get the time of course) as I always think of it as a reward for fasting! Any other suggestions?
Ive been doing the pampering things since I started 5:2
I like to think of my fast days as healing my body on the inside...so I pamper it on the outside!!!! Total me time!!!...which for many years I hadnt taken time to give myself
8 fasts done...and I have...long hot baths....put a treatment on my hair...manicures...pedicures....re organised my make up drawers...played with new colours and even false eye lashes!!!(wouldnt have the nerve to wear them out though!) read 2 new books and watched 3 movies and think Im going to de clutter my wardrobe (well one of them anyway!)
P.S.....want to take up yoga so looking for classes in my local area on my fast days and would love to go back to swimming ...havent done that in years except for dipping atoe in the poll while on holidays!!!
a toe...
and
pool
but you know they are just typos!!
That all sounds fab Virginia! That is definitely going to be outlook on fast days I think (time permitting)! Fasting today and gave myself a manicure and painted my nails while baby was napping! Feels good doesn't it? Fasting and pampering is the way forward!

:like: :victory:
5 posts Page 1 of 1