The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

11 posts Page 1 of 1
Here in Luxembourg, I realise that most days present serious cake and general goodies opportunities. Is it the expat lifestyle combined with marvellous patisserie? Having looked at my weekly(social) commitments, I notice that finding a day without any of the above is proving extremely difficult...what does that say? Tried fasting on a Friday last week and did marvellously until joined tired and stressed OH in G&T...ho hum.
But newly encouraged by my daughter also in for repairs in the UK, also on Mon and Thurs, I shall say NO to cake at Art Club this p.m. We shall have spaghetti with tomato and lentil sauce for tea, and I shall say NO to choccy biccies at Prayer Group this evening...see what I mean? :wink:
Wishing you all a merry fast today from Luxembourg...
Good Luck - i'm fasting with you! after an awful day yesterday.

Keep going x
We can only go forwards !
And I wished I actually had tomatoes in the house ...
I know what you mean about finding the days to fast but its important that this diet fits in with your lifestyle or its just a fad that won't last.

Fasting today too, about to to an exercise class and ignore the pangs of hunger until this evening.

Goodluck..
Good luck Hellengerin - hope your will power is enough to keep you from that goodies temptation :clover:
Thank you all... After all, it's only cake, and my friends don't mind if I say no! All these social niceties get one into a lot of belly bother!
Have done 45 mins on Wii Fit aerobic stuff, and about to make my third trip down two flights of stairs to put more washing on. Then heading out into increasingly heavy snow snow flurries to catch the buses to Art group...ho hum, Bon fasting!
Moein! I lived in Lux for 4 years, and have very many happy memories of the city and country. But it has many temptations in all its wonderful restaurants!
Moien Melanie, good to have a sympathiser! Hope you are enjoying where you are now!
I think trying to take it seriously is good but we need to keep some perspective. Having just given in to having a cuppa soup (was planning nothing until dinner) I then found myself debating over which I should have due to calorie differences - there were 2 calories in it!!

I gave myself a stiff talking to and went for the 61 calories minestrone rather than the 59 calorie veg!!
Ha, I'm back hom in Northern Ireland these days. I worked for Eurostat (up above Auchan, boy I miss that supermarket!)
11 posts Page 1 of 1