The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

18 posts Page 2 of 2
What a fantastic response from everyone. Without getting all emotional, I felt a little weepy yesterday, realising how I have taken on board, then passed onto all and sundry, the garbage about :-
1) always eating breakfast, after all, we don't want you passing out whilst driving!
2) 3 square meals a day, because your brain won't function to do your job properly.
3) eating in advance-- just in case! in case of what, for goodness sake!
4) healthy snacks between meals " to keep glucose levels on an even keel"
And on and on and on......
Well, I had to have my fasting bloods done at 8:30 today, and the snow was dreadful, so instead of coming home I went on to my pilates class and had a spell at the gym--- all on plain water! i.e......no food intake since 6 pm yesterday. And believe it or not, I am here to tell the tale--- no collapsing due to severe hunger and a great feeling of being in control of my own affairs. In fact, I am defying all the so called experts that I have slavishly followed all my adult life. Today is a fasting day, and I had to have a small bowl of soup at 11am, as my medications need to be taken with food, but I was not even peckish, and will enjoy today immensely, as I KNOW I am giving myself a great big treat of healthy living---- far outweighing any so-called treat of rubbish biscuits etc.
The penny has dropped for me, and I can see by the postings that many people are experiencing the epiphany, as Sophieh has called it.
Thanks for the encouragement. Am new to this, done 3 fasts and it is incredible how alien it feels to be that hungry. But it is good to feel so in control without having to be like that every day for life. Tanks for sharing your thoughts.
Thank you so much for your post - it makes so much sense to me. I only started on Monday, but on both fast days I had some eggs for breakfast. I am going to see what happens if I don't have breakfast - hopefully, nothing other than extra fast hours!
18 posts Page 2 of 2