The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

4 posts Page 1 of 1
First day tomorrow!
13 Mar 2013, 20:22
Hello everyone,
My history is that although I have always been really fit I had to have a heart bypass 5 years ago. Since then I got myself fit - even ran the London Marathon in 2010. Since then my weight has crept back up - not good for me at all. I've been trying to find a formulae to lose the weight (must have read and tried everything going) but read The Fast Diet and thought 'this has to be the one'. My son has just started it which helps.
I'm 15 stone and need to be 13 stone so first day tomorrow!!!

Wish me luck and all support most welcome.

All being well I'll be back on tomorrow
Re: First day tomorrow!
13 Mar 2013, 20:37
Well done Pedro for taking the first step. Biggest advice I can give is plan your fast days. These forums are really helpful when you are hungry (which you will be for short periods). A glass of water or a black tea or coffee and a ten minute browse on here will get you through the hunger pangs and give you heaps of encouragement and support. I know they are short of male stats on the progress tracker so please use them.
13 Mar 2013, 21:05
I agree about planning your fast days. My husband & I both started last Thursday & have had 2 fast days each. I kept a diary from that first day which had any snippets of info about food or calories or times I ate or drank & whether I was hungry or not. I also spent quite a bit of time on here reading about other peoples experiences & each day there is usually a Fasting Today thread for people whose day it is & I found that really useful. Everyone on here is so friendly & encouraging. Because of this, when I had my fast day, I learnt that having breakfast too early seemed to kickstart my appetite & I felt really hungry after I'd eaten so on my second fast day I had breakfast later. My husband, on the other hand, tends to have all his calories in one go at tea time & just has coffee or herbal teas during the day. Yesterday we weighed ourselves for the first time since we started the 5:2 & had both lost 5lbs. I'm quite looking forward to my fast day tomorrow & my husband is too. I like to be organised & write stuff down like calories or how much calories & protein is in chicken & to start with I weighed foods to educate myself on calories. My husband, on the other hand, tends to 'go with the flow' & only writes down his updates stats like weight, BMI & waist size. The beauty of this diet/way of life is that it's simple & it suits so many different lifestyles.

Good luck!!!!
13 Mar 2013, 21:08
Good luck for tomorrow Pedro.
4 posts Page 1 of 1