The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

20 posts Page 2 of 2
Here in Australia the horizons program has not been shown yet and there have been a few things in the media. The right wing tabloid media have started with the negative crap, so of course people at work who know I am doing it feel the need to show me the rubbish articles! People love to point out the dangers! I am doing so well, feel fantastic and losing weight. As if I am going to get an eating disorder at my age, what a joke!
I have followed weight watchers for years losing and gaining weight constantly. They push their products which are chemical laden diet foods that I have eaten for the sake of weight loss but not enjoyed. They are also expensive. I have spent so much money with WW, even paying to use the online tools where the forum members give all the support and advice, run motivational challenges etc with no input from WW. Everyone so often WW put up a post looking for someone to contribute to the magazine. Talk about do it yourself. Then they put celebrities on the front cover who have amazingly lost a stone with WW, wow! What about the masses who battle daily without nutritionists and personal trainers? 5:2 is sensible, uses normal food, you don't have to buy the book and it fits into life. So many times I have refused a meal out due to dieting. Countless times I have felt a failure when I have regained a few pounds. There will be those who think it wrong, I didn't believe myself I could exist on 500 cals. So ignore those who scoff or are prophets of doom. This is right for us so let us stick together and show the world this is the way of life for better health and wealth!
Well said Bobshouse, I totally agree and personally think that WW is a bit of a con. More of a business looking to make a profit out of overweight people desperate to lose weight.
At least with the 5:2 we actually get to save a bit of cash and the majority of people seem really happy to be on it.
Keep your head down, get on with what you're doing and the doubters will be silenced in the end. Like Bobshouse, I was skeptical too and thought I would keel over on 500 cals a day! It's a revelation when you find out that actually you don't. I spent a year on Slimming World, never got to the weight I wanted to be and spent a lot of money in the process. I got fed up with it in the end due to boredom. Who really wants dry roast potatoes?? I want mine cooked in lard thank you very much!
You people speak so much sense! I applaud you, Bobshouse!
20 posts Page 2 of 2