The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

6 posts Page 1 of 1
did anyone fail today?!
15 Mar 2013, 00:12
Hey everyone this is my first post however i've been following this diet and the forum for 3 weeks now! Its been great so far but i had a major fail today and have just read all the amazing posts from people fasting today! I did fine up untill lunchtime when i had cheese, biscuits and crisps..and as soon as i eat mindlessly i think theres no point now, it may aswell be a feast day so therefore eat/drink as much as a fancy! :( does anyone else feel like this one they eat something they never planned to? Happy that i can fast tomorrow and of course, im really looking forward to it, giving my digestive system a break after the massive spag bol, red wine and snacks that seemed 'necessary' today. I say that because one i've done a fast/plan on doing another fast that week, i think i really can eat what i want even if i'm not bothered..don't wanna beat myself up but other people seem to feel less hungry on non-fast days! I just feel indulgent/a bit rebellious?! Maybe i just need to get used to it because i can see how good it should be! Well done to everyone fasting today and hope you enjoy tomorrow! I'll be starting again tomorrow so i'll let you know how it goes!xx
Re: did anyone fail today?!
15 Mar 2013, 01:34
You know, some days are just the wrong day to fast. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and try it again later. Since you pretty much only skipped breakfast today, I'd say it's fine to just fast again tomorrow instead. If you had gone until dinner and then overindulged, I'd probably say eat a day normally before you attempt to fast again. But that's just one person's opinion, and I don't have any special knowledge or training ;-)

Some times of the month, I just could eat anything that isn't nailed down. And that happens. I'd see how your week goes, and if you can get the whole week to look more normal, then what's one blip?

Good luck tomorrow!
15 Mar 2013, 08:00
I guess the other way to look at it is, how many calories did you go over and can you then last til the following day knowing that you still ate under your normal calories for the day? I haven't falen over yet but there is always a first time. if I do, hopefully that is the approach I can take, that 800-1000cals for the day is still a good effort!
15 Mar 2013, 08:06
Don't beat yourself up we all have bad days! -just carry on! Change your fast day. I have stopped eating in the morning and lunch time this fast week as I find it makes me want to break fast, I don't often but it tempts me so I am trying to stop temptation by eating once in the evening, no doubt will take my body a week or two to get used to it but hey ho! =)
15 Mar 2013, 09:43
OK...I fast on mondays and thursdays and this Monday I couldnt do it..I dont know why, I was cold, hungry, felt sick etc etc and so by lunchtime I gave up and ate..Oh I felt so much better and so I continued as a normal day. I honestly didnt beat myself up as it would have been my 16th fasting day and up until Monday I have been losing around 1lb per week but more importantly I have felt SO GOOD !!..I had a fasting day yesterday which went with no problems whatsoever. This is the best and simplest way to get healthy and lose that unnecessary weight. It wont happen overnight but take a while to lose it and it wont come winging back on again. I am going to fast once a week for ever and I have learnt that if I over-indulge (yes! we all do it!) I watch what I eat the next day so I dont get that bloated feeling by feeling hungover and stuffing my face with bread and rubbish. Thank you all for this forum. Keep going everybody I am looking forward to Christmas when I am going to wiggle and not wobble !!!
15 Mar 2013, 10:27
I really squirm when I see that word "fail". This is a mental game, and you have to be in the right frame of mind for a fast day to go according to plan. If it doesn't, that's not a fail, it's just not a fast day. You can always fast another day.
6 posts Page 1 of 1