The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

2 posts Page 1 of 1
My second fast day
15 Mar 2013, 00:50
I have just started on 5:2 and this is my second fast day. My first fast day was easier than I thought it would be, and the more I read here on this forum the more this way of eating feels right for me. For my fast day, I have a small glass of freshly squeezed orange juice in the morning and save the rest of my calories for dinner. Like a lot of others here, I find it easier not to eat during the day.

I would like to ask about people's experiences with fast days - how do you space your fast days? Does it make any difference if there's just one day between them or is it easier/harder if the space is longer?

I love the flexibility of the 5:2 approach, how you can make it suit your lifestyle rather than the other way round. And I find it interesting how the first fast day seems to have 'thrown a switch' in my brain to motivate me to eat healthier, something I have been looking for for quite some time!

Thank you for this wonderful supportive forum! :heart:
Re: My second fast day
15 Mar 2013, 01:31
Welcome to the forums AiriR!

I personally think it's a wee bit easier with two days between. But my husband has a regularly scheduled lunch meeting every Thursday with the other project managers and he can't really fast on Thursdays. So we are usually doing Monday & Wednesday because fasting on Friday can be harder than fasting on Wednesday. But really, it's not bad with only one day between.

I do like the flexibility. We generally choose our fast days on Sunday evening, depending on what our schedule is looking like. For example this Monday is a big dinner celebration fundraiser thing at my son's school, so we'll probably fast Tuesday-Friday next week. It's nice we can adjust like that.

So glad you've found us then!
2 posts Page 1 of 1