The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

7 posts Page 1 of 1
Eating Slower
15 Mar 2013, 12:56
Hi

Has anyone else found that they eat slower on fast days? I eat slower to make it last longer which is really good as they say you should eat slowly whilst eating, woo hoo another health benefit (I think) :lol: :lol:
Re: Eating Slower
15 Mar 2013, 13:03
Hi,
Yeah, I hadn't thought about it before, but I definitely seem to eat slower on fast days. I think perhaps, with only having 500 calories to play with, you want to savour and enjoy every mouthful.
It would be nice if this habit carries over to normal days, as I'm usually the world's worst for fast eating.
15 Mar 2013, 13:08
I am terrible for eating fast, think it's because I come from a big family and was scared someone would steal my food if I didn't eat it fast haha
15 Mar 2013, 13:17
I find that I eat slower too. Enjoy every mouthful :smile:
01 Aug 2013, 21:26
I eat slower too. Trying to savor every bite and chew! It's an excellent way to enjoy my meals and feel fuller faster than gobbling down everything in sight.
01 Aug 2013, 21:34
I know for certain that the fast eating came from having kids. When you have a toddler to feed and a babe at the breast, you just shovel the food in. Then as they get older you eat fast so you can sort out a pudding or get the table cleared for homework etc. The habit just got reinforced. The only time i ever slowed down to eat was the very rare occasions when I could enjoy a meal with my hubby on our own, or at a restaurant. Where we could savour it.

Someone has suggested that we should all practice chewing the food more than chomp, chomp, swallow. Put our cutlery down between bites and take a swallow of water between bites too. Its hard to do on a fast day when you have cooked the family dinner and been stood in a kitchen for an hour surrounded by those lovely smells. All you want to do is dive into your food.
01 Aug 2013, 21:52
p2202 wrote: Hi

Has anyone else found that they eat slower on fast days? I eat slower to make it last longer which is really good as they say you should eat slowly whilst eating, woo hoo another health benefit (I think) :lol: :lol:

I think I'm usually feeling pretty rubbish anyway so I generally do.

I've aways been a slow eater (My Mum says I take after Grandpa in that way).

As I say I thinka fast day is a go slow anyway so yes I think so.
7 posts Page 1 of 1