The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

9 posts Page 1 of 1
Does low fat food make you fat? I watched this programme on You Tube last night. It's an hour long BBC programme from 2010. Wow, I'm so glad I'm not on a diet any more. :wink:
This one, wildmissus?

Yes, that's the one. Thanks for including it in the post.
Thanks for this Wildmissus and Jemima. Wow, what an eye opener!!
I do like the occasional ready meal I must admit, but generally only buy M&S meals, as they seem to be the only ones who have 'normal' ingredients listed, but I'll definitely be checking the labels from now on.
Prog is on uktv channel Really tonight at 2000 (Freeview 17, Sky 248, Virgin TV 267) although probably edited/shortened slightly for ads.

http://uktv.co.uk/really/tv/currentDate ... artTime/20
Watched this last night. Really interesting thank you though I never eat like that anyway and hate coke in any shape or form.
There was a segment on the latest "Bang Goes the Theory" where they mentioned that manufacturers tend to add extra sugar to "low fat" ready meals in order to boost the taste, and the amount of sugar in various soft drinks including some that you'd think were far healthier than Coke. Does this documentary cover the same ground?
Very good video - yet another nail in the coffin for low fat diets and highlighting the issue of hidden sugar and chemicals in low fat foods.
Food addiction: how processed food makes you eat more I'm watching the programme now, but I found this from the Dawkins Foundation - so I know what to expect...
9 posts Page 1 of 1