The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

8 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello everyone,
I'm delighted to be getting close to the first stone gone, but have found that my skin feels somewhat looser all over. Now I guess that this is a good sign of gentle all over fat loss, but wonder what others out there are doing to ensure that we don't end up looking like we are walking around in an old saggy sack? :shock:
Being 47, I am no longer in my youthful prime when skin seemed to snap back into shape. I am trying gentle exercise and Bio-oil, but would welcome ideas.
Many thanks.
Yep, I'm sort of all flabbily. I despair when I see people posting about wanting to drop pounds in short order, think a slow loss gives the body a chance to adapt. I watched the Embarrassing Fat Bodies series and no way do I want to end up like some of those people, good on them for losing weight but oh, it left a lot of damage.

I'm exercising and moisturising!
Exercise that gets your blood pumping round. Bio Oil is good for stretch marks. Massage with moisturiser. I'm told they can all help but to be honest I think once the tissues have stretched it's a damage limitation exercise.
It probably depends where you have lost the weight. Some areas, such as the abdomen, can probably be "rescued" by improved muscle tone - put "stomach muscle toning exercises" into Google for ideas. Good quality, perfectly-fitting undies may also help!
Thanks everyone. The fat appears to have been "dissolving" from all over. The bits that I am most aware of, apart from the measurable difference of minus 11cm from my waist is my arms and thighs. Don't get me wrong, I am delighted with the weight loss, but as I plan for this to be a life change and have at least another 21lbs to go I am looking for ways of damage limitation re warding off "saggy skin syndrome". I have a number of friends who have lost large amounts of weight in the past and although they are happy to be lighter they loathe the side effects of loose skin. In fact one of them is looking at having corrective surgery. I am hoping that nature will catch up and that my skin will mould around my new slimmer lighter frame.
I've heard that MSM Cream can help.
I don't know if it would help- but maybe a little weight training? It is good for weight loss and toning up.
I am going to re-join the Gym and start swimming again, can't seem do it in winter months. My bum and stomach are sqwishy, but at 57 I rely on the round em up and hold em in type of undies. :smile: loving the WOE and weightloss though. :like:
8 posts Page 1 of 1