The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Second ever fast today
21 Mar 2013, 10:35
Hello, I'm new here! I'm on my second ever fast today - I've a busy day at work and I'm planning some Waitrose sushi for lunch (141 cals) and half a pot of fresh soup for dinner (227 calories - I'm only 5' so my daily fast calories are a sad little 475).

I'm hoping to lose 20lbs in time for a trip to Sicily in September, and just to get a better relationship with food, portion control, etc. My first fast was Tuesday - it went pretty well. I wasn't ravenous and had quite a lot of energy. Today is harder as I've already woken up with a headache, plus I'm still aching after going for a run yesterday (found it quite hard with nothing in my system).

So far the main problem seems to be thinking in a cycle of "why am I hungry? Oh yes, it's a fast day". Basically I'm just keeping on drinking the water.

Holler out to all the 5:2ers! I can't quite believe I said that. I blame the hunger...
Re: Second ever fast today
21 Mar 2013, 17:30
It's my second fast day too! So far so good, i'm about to have my first food 200 calories consisting of a poached egg and some oat bran. Now you have got me craving sushi! Looking forward to my dinner of stir fry veggies and quinoa and shredded turkey breast. I found I was more hungry the day after my first fast day when I could actually eat. I think the real problem will be not going overboard on those days.

For the headaches did you try some black coffee or tea? Seems to help for a lot of people. Good luck!
22 Mar 2013, 00:21
I've done 6 fast days now. I found it hardest at the beginning. I had some really nice blow out days on some of my 5 days. You need to make sure that you eat enough overall across the week... You may need to increase what you normally eat slightly to compensate for the 2 fast days
22 Mar 2013, 08:00
Thanks both :)

I did find my second fast a bit harder - mostly expectation, I think, plus I didn't drink quite enough water. Next week I shall experiment with two feast days between fasts to see how that works out.

Onwards and downward!
25 Mar 2013, 17:25
my second fast day was harder as well. I had a great 300 cal dinner and felt satisfied until an hour and a half later and I was starving and had a horrible time sleeping. We're going to try having more of our calories in protein (lean meat) tonight and see if it helps. Lost a little over a pound in the first week so I really want to keep it up.
5 posts Page 1 of 1