The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

8 posts Page 1 of 1
Feeling Guilty
21 Mar 2013, 15:54
Does anyone else feel guilty about eating after their fast day. Just had a cookie and then boss came in and offered me a heineken (which I took lol)feeling very guilty now...... :frown:
Re: Feeling Guilty
21 Mar 2013, 17:19
Isn't the point of this that you don't have to feel guilty? ;-) On non-fast days you should be able to enjoy treats like this! I'm on a fast day right now and really looking forward to this weekend going to a friends for lasagna and wine, that's what's getting me through it!
21 Mar 2013, 17:48
That's the thing I love about this WOE, never having to feel guilty or a failure.
After years of following low fat/low calorie diets and having so many banned foods, this is so liberating. Before, I never allowed myself to have toast or crumpets, as the only way I like them is dripping in butter, but now I really look forward to my toasted Vogel smothered in butter, the morning after my fast days. It's a nice sort of naughty feeling, but definitely no guilt!
21 Mar 2013, 18:13
That guilty feeling is just another phase you go through. Don't worry, just enjoy.

I am concerned about they way in which I read your post. It sounds like you went to work the day after a fast and at 9am in the morning you boss offered you a beer. :confused: :grin: :grin:
21 Mar 2013, 18:15
It's only because you're fairly new to this way of eating :) As you learn how much freedom you can have with your food & still lose weight the guilt will soon melt away. I don't feel guilty about anything I eat now :)
22 Mar 2013, 08:28
Thanks everyone, and wildmissus it was in the afternoon I got the beer ;-)
22 Mar 2013, 08:34
It passes - I can properly enjoy both my fast and feed days now (done round 2 months), without guilt, its a wonderful feeling :grin:
22 Mar 2013, 09:01
Hi P2202, I would look it on the bright side. If you have this feeling it could be that you are now realising that we don't really need everything. If we are prepared to do some sacrifices during our fasting days, we can do without (not always of course) on normal days too, going in this way towards that way of eating that is more balanced than it was before. Me too when on my feeding days I go for some junk food I think if I really need it or if I can do with an apple or banana or wait for my natural snack or meal. what a diet is supposed to do is to give you the tools to improve your eating and the guilt feeling could be the very first sign that you are realising that a certain food or beverage (for me it is fine I don't drink alcohool) is not necessary everyday, but maybe just once a week. This doeasn't mean you cannot have 3 proper meals during the day and feel very satisfied. I hope I have been clear on what I tried to say. Enjoy your day and your new attitude towards food.
Ciao,
J
8 posts Page 1 of 1