The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

10 posts Page 1 of 1
Help!!
22 Mar 2013, 11:36
Help, on a fast day today & really struggling, all I wanna do is eat!!!!!! Help!
Re: Help!!
22 Mar 2013, 11:38
With a bit of luck, posting that helped

Sometimes we just need to shout it out !!

You'll get through, and if you don't, there's always another day :clover:
22 Mar 2013, 11:45
You can eat tomorrow, you are not on another miserable restrictive diet any more! Your body is repairing itself, it's just a bit confused right now!! Hang in there!
22 Mar 2013, 11:47
Hi White.27,
My 'friend' when I'm feeling like this, is just the humble boiled egg. I find that it really satisfies and doesn't make me want to reach for more, as eating carbs would do and it's only about 90 calories.
Not sure if this helps you, as you may be in an office or at work, but perhaps for your next fast day, you could keep one with you, just in case.
22 Mar 2013, 11:47
Try to keep yourself busy, reading the posts on this forum will keep you distracted. Drink lots of water and think its only 1 day , tomorrow you can eat what you fancy.
22 Mar 2013, 11:53
Agree with reading the posts. They keep me going on a fast day. They remind me of why I am doing this.
Go have a lovely warming cup of something. I always find that very comforting on a fast day.
Good luck. You are almost half way there! You've made it this far into the day so why give up now? You'll feel guilty and will just have to do another fast day whereas in just a few hours you'll have another one under your belt, and hopefully around a pound off next weigh in. Hey!
Good luck. X
22 Mar 2013, 12:03
Keep going! If you give up you have wasted all this time remember, that what keeps me going through the day.

Herbal teas and no cal fizzy drinks (I know not everyone approve of them, but boy they help), chewing gum......

And keep warm, I find I freeze my wotsits off on fast days.

Good luck!!
x
22 Mar 2013, 12:10
Go out, walk, get immersed in something. Drink tea or coffee and think what you would eat tomorrow.

There's no getting away from the fact this isn't a diet where you are trying to feel full or not hungry all the time.

It passes and I think we've all found that it doesn't get worse and worse, it just plateaus and then goes away. Acknowledge you're hungry, decide not to eat or have a very wee snack or drink, go do something else.
22 Mar 2013, 15:17
I just saw your post. Did the hunger pangs pass? Did you eat everything in sight? Did you decide to eat/drink something to satisfy your immediate needs. Please tell!
22 Mar 2013, 21:01
Oh dear OP might have faded away LOL

Seriously, White.27 did you get through? If so WELL DONE. If not, never mind, there's always another day :)
10 posts Page 1 of 1