26 Mar 2013, 19:39
I like changing into smaller sizes. ;-)
Re: Negative people
27 Mar 2013, 09:23
BBT053 wrote: People don't like change.

Agreed!
27 Mar 2013, 09:25
TML13 wrote: I like changing into smaller sizes. ;-)

Hahahahahaha. Me too. Just got my size 12 slim fit jeans on! :bugeyes:
27 Mar 2013, 11:01
Good for you!!!!!!!!!
27 Mar 2013, 20:00
[quote)

Nothing unhealthy about it. Our bodies are designed to skip a few meals now and then. This idea of 3-6 meals a day is complete nonsense. My skinny friends regularly skip meals. Just went for a walk around 1 pm with a friend who said he had only had an orange to eat so far that day.

We live in a culture where it is NORMAL to have an eating disorder -- it's called overeating and obesity. Skipping a meal or two is dangerous? Hah! What a laugh.[/quote]

This is so true. :like:
27 Mar 2013, 20:13
I think that most of us skip meals everyday but don't realise it.
28 Mar 2013, 15:14
I feel great on it. Is fasting a bit addictive though, because I've done a 4:3 this week as opposed to a 5:2 !
28 Mar 2013, 16:10
I'm so glad I'm not alone! I have this urge to try 4:3!!!
28 Mar 2013, 19:41
Go for it! it is working for me (4:3 that is!).
28 Mar 2013, 19:44
TML13 wrote: I'm so glad I'm not alone! I have this urge to try 4:3!!!

Me too. I think I'll wait for my weight to stagnate on 5:2 and then switch to 4:3 to jump-start the weight loss.
28 Mar 2013, 19:45
if you are happy with 5:2 it shouldn't be that hard to do 4:3 I reckon.
28 Mar 2013, 20:18
I've had lots of negative comments from people about the 5:2.
However none of those people have any medical/nutritional training or education so I really don't care lol! Such a shame when people try to put down those who are attempting to better themselves!! I'm not hurting anyone with my fasting but some feel the need to tell me I'm being 'silly' & should do a 'proper diet'. This coming from fellow overweight people who I assume are just jealous that I'm losing weight & I'm enjoying the process :oops:
28 Mar 2013, 22:22
Pip wrote:
TML13 wrote: I'm so glad I'm not alone! I have this urge to try 4:3!!!

Me too. I think I'll wait for my weight to stagnate on 5:2 and then switch to 4:3 to jump-start the weight loss.

Yes, that's exactly my plan!!!
28 Mar 2013, 22:23
RachelT7 wrote: if you are happy with 5:2 it shouldn't be that hard to do 4:3 I reckon.

Good to know!
28 Mar 2013, 22:56
I am a physician and on this diet for the 4th week now. I am a radiologist and no expert in nutrition but what I do know is that there is an epidemic of obesity out there with over 60% of the population in he US being either obese or overweight. I think most experts agree that this is unhealthy. I also know that most people cannot sustain a diet for the long term and while many are able to lose weight, more than 90% (probably 95% or so) gain the weight they lost and even more after they stop dieting. This WOL in contrast to the typical diet regimes seems to me sustainable and this is what makes it different than others. Yes I think it may encourage endulgance on unhealthy foods and that every one would be much healthier if on their feed days they will keep a heathy diet and will excercize however if this will help people get to a healthy weight and maintain it than our world will be much healthier. I'm not sure about the science behind it and its effects on longevity, cancer prevention etc, but again if people will maintain healthy weight they will definitely live a longer and healthier life. Good luck to you all.
39 posts Page 2 of 3