The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

6 posts Page 1 of 1
Fasting with a hangover
26 Mar 2013, 10:14
Something I have learnt over the last few weeks - it is completely impossible to fast with a hangover. I tried it, felt utterly dire, simply had to eat more. I wonder if other people might be able to tolerate this better though?
Re: Fasting with a hangover
26 Mar 2013, 10:17
Really odd you should type this today. I'm currently on a fast day, and I'm feeling a littel delicate. I'm finding things ok, but the day is dragging as I'm more then ready for my cuppa soup lunch.

I just want a big greasy sandwich.
26 Mar 2013, 10:34
I fast with a hangover most Mondays :oops:

I'd be suffering anyway, so I might as well be doing something useful by fasting. I get through it with a busy day, lots of water and tea, and an early night
26 Mar 2013, 10:41
Fast days are not good with even the smallest hangover :frown:
and the thing is on 5:2 (for me) it takes very little alcohol these days to cause one...which I suppose is good, in a way! :grin:
26 Mar 2013, 10:43
I'm determined to last the day, my only probelm is how slow it's going :( otherwise my hunger is the usual up and down pattern.

I'm taking the 3 small meals route for today.
26 Mar 2013, 12:16
Mia Culpa. Been there, got the tee shirt (which I wear on top of my hair shirt). But, isn't this a pathetic situation for us to find ourselves in? For whatever reason we have been unable to control our food intake and are seeking a healthier, weight adjusted (in most cases) future. To do so we are prepared to radically limit our intake of calories on one or more days a week and many of us voluntarily fast for 24 hours without any food, in any form. This we seem able and willing to do for the cause. However, those same some of us, who can and do exercise this level of self discipline and control knowing that the coming period is a fasting one, cannot seem to control our alcohol consumption with anything approaching the same amount of restraint.

Maybe we should all head over to http://soberistas.com/ too.
6 posts Page 1 of 1