The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

8 posts Page 1 of 1
...not sure that I'm in quite the right place to post this - But,I added my name to a thread 'Fasting today?' yesterday and, to my surprise, found that I had a sense of wellbeing and felt generally supported through the day! Not being much of a joiner-in to forums or the like, I'm finding this one great.
So, thanks folks!! :grin:
I thought this nice post was looking a bit lonely as 'unanswered' (albeit thanked), so I am just posting to say thanks for posting Moira!
Oh hello! I am fasting today down here in Oz- had a 100 calorie protein bar for break, not hungry all day (3 cups water and 3 cups of tea) and just ate fish and another protein bar and another cup of tea- I am around 450 calories for the day- so full right now I can't move (how weird is that) and want to wish you all the best for your day! If you are in Australia I highly recommend Aussie Bodies Lo Carb bar; choc- caramel is by far the best as it takes like a real chocolate bar!
Thanks, folks! :heart: I wasn't too concerned about my little post looking lonely but responses are very welcome. :wink:
Juliet, I'm fasting again today - being a day behind you - looking forward to a boiled egg and half a pink grapefruit for breakfast. Then homemade minestrone for dinner, I made a massive potful when I started this WOE and froze it in portions, gonna have to make some more soon...
:smile:
I'd join you for minestrone if I lived closer- sounds much nicer than plain fish- though I could have had vegies but after a day of utter chaos (I work in an ER) I couldn't be arsed!
Yes there's a great sense of camaraderie on the "fasting today" threads - an excellent idea, and I find it really supportive and helpful.
Indeed the support is great and highly appreciated. I also like the fact that I can share my thoughts with people who are in the same "situation" with me since I don't know anybody who is on 5:2 (well, I do but they live thousands of miles away). Not to mention that I am one of those superstitious people who don't say anything about going on a diet...
8 posts Page 1 of 1