The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

13 posts Page 1 of 1
Waist Size
26 Mar 2013, 22:33
Just measured my waist to find its 39 inches, which, given I believe myself to be a size 16 is a shock. I'm definitely not shoe horning myself into my clothes,has anyone else found themselves similarly surprised?
Re: Waist Size
26 Mar 2013, 22:55
Same size waist as me and size 16 yes it was a bit of a shock I thought I was about 35 I have lost 8 pound but nothing off my waist yet ,why does it never go where you want it to ha ha I hope to keep at it and it should shift in the end
26 Mar 2013, 23:02
I hope so, I feel old saying this but I can remember the days when I had a 28"waist and still thought I was "sturdy".
26 Mar 2013, 23:36
I read somewhere on this forum that your waist should be half your height to be healthy. I'm 5ft 7" so 34" for me. It's actually 48" so I have a way to go!
27 Mar 2013, 00:33
Well, thats the problem then. Im too short.

All these years I thought I was too fat but really I am just vertically challenged.

If I was 8 foot tall I would be perfect :wink:
27 Mar 2013, 00:42
Wasn't it Garfield the cat who always said, "I'm not overweight, I'm under tall" ? A sentiment I'm familiar with! I have lost 11ins from my waist in all so I'm getting there.
27 Mar 2013, 04:02
Wow well done Miffy49 you certainly are getting there
27 Mar 2013, 07:42
My waist is around 35 inches and should be 32.5 msx. It is proving to be the most resistant to change although I feel I am losing quite well in terms of weight.
Very impressed with your inch loss Miffy49 - great stuff.
27 Mar 2013, 07:54
Hi all, i'm almost 1 month in... 7th feed day completed yesterday and i weighed in today and haven't lost any weight.. Just a maintainer... but to my surprise when i measured my waist, i'd lost an inch! In total since 5 march i've lost 8lbs and 2.5 inches.

Am so glad i'm measuring too, for me it's a bigger motivator than weight...

i'm also a 16 hoping to drop a size in the next month.

Keep going everyone, together we stand strong and lighter
27 Mar 2013, 13:12
I have a size 32in waist but still have to wear size 16 trousers (finally wearing 14 dresses and tops) due to my big hips and bottom. I go in and out a lot but the clothes dont. Everything bulges out at my waist unless I wear stretchy dresses. I am 5ft 8in.
27 Mar 2013, 13:13
Aussie_Kaz wrote: If I was 8 foot tall I would be perfect :wink:

Yep! I always said if I had long legs, I wouldn't be fat! My waist size is 52, should be 31. *sigh* Gonna be a long path. :confused:
27 Mar 2013, 15:06
Yup I'm the same size 16 fits fine but waist measures 38.5 in, maybe we've got a faulty batch of tape measures :wink: :confused:
27 Mar 2013, 16:30
I seemed to lose the most inches when I went on a plateau and lost the least weight, so don't despair if things slow down every now and then - goods things might still be going on. :smile:
13 posts Page 1 of 1