The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

23 posts Page 2 of 2
Not really. I have about 4 cups of tea with a splash of milk during the day and otherwise try to keep myself busy. I couldn't have the same dinner every fast day because we eat as a family and my kids would definitely protest if we had the same thing too often!

I think it's definitely a case of what works for you, though. I know that when I was on WW many, MANY moons ago I found that having a routine of having the same lunch every day made the whole 'what shall I have for lunch that will keep me within my points' decision much easier in that there WAS no decision. :smile:
Theres no routine to the days I fast or the activities I do on those days, but after six weeks I found that my food / drink naturally falls into a routine that my system likes!
Morning - peppermint tea
Water/herbal tea during day until
5pm - dinner of salad/beans/fish followed by naughty dessert (piece choc or similar)
Water til bed!
I found that eating earlier woke the hunger flood gates - the later I leave it the better. Also, I believe the research suggests its the "fasting" bit thats important, so Im afraid a few small meals wouldn't be as effective?
Breakfast - green tea, boiled egg & some grapefruit segments
Lunch - tin of weightwatchers soup a bit of fruit
Dinner - fish & veggies

Plenty of water & green tea in between
Wake up. Cup of tea with skimmed milk. Water. Lunch/ first meal as late as possible and usually stick to 100 kcals ish. 2 gummi bears at some point to ward off the sweet cravings I seem to get (don't normally!). Dinner is usually tomato based chicken curry with brown rice (350kcals), stew, stir fried veg with chicken, soup, low calorie ready meals, and rarely 2 fishfingers and some new potatos and salad... I just try to have the main bulk of calories in the evening as as soon as I eat anything, I am hungrier. I don't tend to eat anything until about 1 or 2 pm the following day either...
I never fast at the weekend (Fri-Sun) and tend to eat and drink a lot but limit it more on feed days...
Morning: hot water or tea with a little milk if feel in need of 'comfort'.
Mid-morning: black coffee
lots of water during day.
Late afternoon (about 4): egg on toast with cup of tea with little milk
About 9pm (after gym): whole carton of soup (stick to one adding up to 200-250 calories)
Before bed: final cup of tea with little milk

I find it helps to know what I am eating so that I don't have to think about it. Tried herb teas but they make me retch! Would like to just eat one meal at about 7 but I usually fast on gym days when I do high intensity exercise between 6 and 8 so my routine fits this better.
I have settled into black coffee for breakfast and continued through day as wanted. A mug of oxo in the afternoon. Water if not too cold then a controlled meal about 7pm. I aim to fast 24hours each time. I keep busy during the day, always ducks and chickens to sort out and do things for and chicks to care for. Will go out if temptation strikes. It no longer feels weird to have no breakfast and lunch
I've been doing 5:2 for 5 weeks now and have settled into this routine which I've been doing Tuesdays and Thursdays:

cup of tea with skimmed milk for breakfast (20 cals)
Black coffee, bovril stock cube if hungry (16 cals)
Low cal soup lunch often homemade (100-150 Cals)
Possibly have a pickled gherkin for a snack in the afternoon (8 cals)
Hairy dieters meal for dinner, usually 300-350 cals, fill up rest of allowance with weighed green veg or mushrooms to go with it.

It definitely helps that my flatmate and me are doing this together, have lost 8 pounds so far and hoping to lose another stone and a half.
I'm in my 4th week - fast day 8 today - and have settled into:

Black coffee around 6:45
    Another about 10 am
    Veggie Oxo at midday
    Peppermint tea at 3 pm
    Light meal at 6-ish.

OH eats normally but has same evening meal but possibly more of it; esp more potato if that is part of the meal.

It's working for me, and means I don't have to think too hard. :wink:
23 posts Page 2 of 2