The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

11 posts Page 1 of 1
Going out in a few hours to celebrate 84 yo Auntie Birthday, its an Italian restaurant so i'm looking for the Healthiest choices amongst all the Pasta, Pizza and Risotto, I only found these 3 possibles under "Grills" don't just want to have a "salad" which do you think is best.
They have a range of Tapas as entrees, but they are unsuitable also.

SLOW ROASTED PORCHETTA
crispy oven roasted succulent pork belly with Italian herbs,
roasted pumpkin, green beans and a honey mustard glaze

DUKKAH CRUSTED CHICKEN BREAST
with pan-fried haloumi, orange dressing, gourmet salad

LAMB SHANK CALABRESE
braised in red wine & tomato, carrots & olives
served with roasted garlic and rosemary mash

Ah forgot the time differences, you guys are probably all sleeping -
Just incase super early risers, or sleepness ones are about I'll still post.
Cheers
Hello Marie, don't know if this is too late. Even as a veggie, they all sound yummy. I think the chicken breast sounds healthiest, and I'm a sucker for halloumi - squeaky cheese!
Hope you have a lovely time whatever you choose.
Frankly - I don't think it makes a jot of difference which one you eat. Have the one you fancy - or spin a coin - or play paper scissors stone.

The calorie restriction in 5:2 is approx 3000 calories in a week. This will completely smother the effect of choosing any 1 meal or another.

In a week's time no-one (including you) will be able to take measurements and as a result of those measurements alone tell which of the 3 you chose.

My only suggestion is that you enjoy it. :smile:
Thanks folks,
I fancy the Chicken too Jane; baked chicken surely a little healthier.
The only one I wouldn't pick would be the pork belly - but, as others have said, relax and pick the one you fancy!
I am assuming it snt a fast day in which case enjoy whichever one you fancy and don't worry about it. If it is a fast day then have the chicken, give the haloumi to someone else amd ask them to give you the salad dressing on the side so you can just have a tiny bit. Have a lovely evening with your aunt.
The joy of 5:2 is that you can decide, and enjoy, whichever you want. I know this can seem impossible if you have spent years restricting your choices but just go for it - with no guilt! Have a great evening!

Let us know what you chose and if it was delicious!
For me it would be the lamb shank and not worrying about it!

Hope whatever you had was superb! :)
Which ever one you pick, take 1/2 of it home :)
Go & enjoy yourself! If you feel you've really over indulged then cut back for a couple of days next week.
Ginty wrote: Go & enjoy yourself! If you feel you've really over indulged then cut back for a couple of days next week.

I agree!!!
And there's drool on my keyboard. :confused:
11 posts Page 1 of 1