The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

7 posts Page 1 of 1
Happy Easter/Spring,
I've been given three big Easter eggs. I know myself enough that I still have the capacity to binge eat. Despite being on this WoE since January and making pleasing progress, my appetite has yet to vastly change. I recently got through most of an enormous box of toffees in one sitting. I don't want to scoff my Easter eggs. Some people I know manage th keep theirs till.Christmas. I've never managed that. Any ideas on how to sensibly enjoy a mound of treats?
Give them to friends/family.

Melt them and make a dessert like cake or brownies. Separate it in batches and freeze it.

Cut them in sensible pieces and put them in the freezer. Each morning of a day that you aren't fasting and you haven't planned to have dessert, get one piece from the freezer and put it in the fridge. It will reach a good eating temp by the early evening.
Afraid I'm a bit of a binge eater myself when it comes to chocolate so I understand your problem.
How about splitting them into portions & putting them in the freezer or locking them in the car boot?
Lock them in the car boot, LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!
I only eat my chocolate out of the fridge, so I take one egg out of it's cardboard box and put it in the fridge on it's own or with the chocolate bars it came with. Then I can get one item out at a time when I fancy some chocolate.

Once that's gone, I put the next egg in.
I have been careful for years so yesterday afternoon I ate a whole medium sized Cadbury dream. I really enjoyed it until about half an hour after finishing. Yuk!
So have fasted since last night and will do until lunch today when we are out. I will take few eggs and leave them at lunch. I am not feeling tempted now! I have learnt my lesson.
Sigh...! Didn't get ANY eggs, or choccy bunnies, duckies, lambkins. Nuffin! But as we had a bring n share breakfast after a VERY early sunrise Easter sunrise service on a Luxembourgish hillside and then a Slovenian style Easter lunch, and I am serving British style roast lamb today, I suppose I should not feel hard done by. I don't think there are enough fasts left in THE WORLD to compensate for this level of feasting !
7 posts Page 1 of 1