The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Two milestones in one go
01 Apr 2013, 14:22
Including the couple of pounds I lost before I started this WOL, as of my weigh in this morning, since 7th January, I have lost 1 & 1/2 stone and my weight now starts with 13 stone for the first time in many years.
I started fasting on 24th January and have done 4:3 for the majority of the time, since then. I don't think I've ever lost weight so consistently before.
Re: Two milestones in one go
01 Apr 2013, 14:24
What a lovely number 13 is (says TML13, LOL)!!!
Congratulations on both your milestones, here's to many more to come!
01 Apr 2013, 14:38
Chris P, you started on the same day as me! Congratulations on the fantastic weight loss!!!

It's interesting that you've done mostly 4:3 as you've lost more weight than me (I've lost a stone to date). I do 5:2, but since about mid February I do water fasts (no food for 36-40 hours twice a week). I like doing the water only fasts as I found eating made me hungry. Do you have a 500 cal meal on your fast days?
01 Apr 2013, 14:48
Hi Redhead - haven't we both done well! On my fast days, I split my meals between lunch (around 2pm) and then a meal when my OH gets home around 7.15pm. I haven't been able to manage the one meal in the evening, because I just get too hungry. I certainly couldn't do what you're doing with fasting all day!
01 Apr 2013, 15:03
I suppose the great thing about this is the flexibility! Most people think water fasts sound tough, but it's easier for me not to eat as that way I don't wake the Biscuit Monster that lives inside me!! Great that its working for you - I intend to move to a one day per week with 500 cals when I reach my target weight, hopefully the Biscuit Monster will have died off by then!!!
5 posts Page 1 of 1