The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

27 posts Page 2 of 2
It sounds like the best thing to do is tone them. My thighs were always quite big even in the old days when I was rea :grin: lly slim, but they really responded to exercise. It's got to be worth a try. Well done by the way with your successful slimming!!
When my mum had her thyroid turning to hyper, she lost more than 10 kilos. Mind you my mum is tiny. She is 150cm tall and less than 50 kilos.
She reached the horror weight of 36 kilos in no time, it was really scary.
Anyway, my point being: she still had a pear-shaped body, even when she had no fat left on her body, her thighs were still fatter.
You can either do pilates and focus in that area (a good instructor CAN change your body a lot) or have liposuction. There is no other way to change a pear-shaped body, I know, I'm trying for the past 20 years and I wasn't even overweight!!!
I know the thighs are the point of this post but now I'm thinking of having a re-think about how much I want to lose I'm 5ft nothing and wanted to get to 117lbs. Maybe that's even too heavy for my size....
KrisGoo: How much you want to lose should be personal to you and not based on what other people of a similar height want to be :) We all hold weight differently and I still believe some people have heavier bones than others! At 117lbs you'd be comfortably into the healthy BMI range. See what you think when you get there, eh? It's always better to reach a goal before you change the goalposts!
Thanks I know it's very personal and that post really gave the wrong impression but it's interesting to see what other people of a similar stature (or lack of are doing!). All of my friends are a lot bigger than me so it's hard to tell what would be best!!
Some of us are always going to have thunder thighs aren't we? Over the years I've been down to 7st 7lb and still had thighs that were out of propertion for my size. All the women on my mother's side of the family are the same. (Couldn't inherit thighs from my dad could I? :confused: )

On a lighter note, when my kids were little they went shopping with hubby as I wasn't too well. they came back and told me that they'd got a good chicken. Dad said to pick one with legs like Mums!!! :bugeyes:
Listen to Moogie, she is wise! Do what feels best for you! I have people telling me that they can't possibly understand why I want to lose weight.
To them, I look perfect.
To them, gaining 2+4 kilos is not the end of the world.
No, it is definitely not the end of the world but it's the end of my finances if I decide that I will stay here and buy a whole new wardrobe!!! So, I'm doing what I feel best for ME.
And I tend to think that these people might be a little jealous too... ;-)
miffy49 wrote: Some of us are always going to have thunder thighs aren't we? Over the years I've been down to 7st 7lb and still had thighs that were out of propertion for my size. All the women on my mother's side of the family are the same. (Couldn't inherit thighs from my dad could I? :confused: )

On a lighter note, when my kids were little they went shopping with hubby as I wasn't too well. they came back and told me that they'd got a good chicken. Dad said to pick one with legs like Mums!!! :bugeyes:

Haaaa haaaaaa...
Yes but your dad's thighs are full of hair -GROSS! :grin:
At least we have the fat where it is not bad for our hearts and remember what the Greeks say: women without handles are like streets without road signals. And by handles Greeks mean "anywhere around the arse".
Yeah, my target weight is other people's starting weight. I'll have heavy thighs regardless so going to take up weight lifting. A low centre of gravity has to be good for something!
KrisGoo wrote: Thanks I know it's very personal and that post really gave the wrong impression but it's interesting to see what other people of a similar stature (or lack of are doing!). All of my friends are a lot bigger than me so it's hard to tell what would be best!!

I know what you mean, I felt the same way reading the post, but never ever compare yourself with others, it will save you a world of trouble lol. Just stick with the plan and settle on a weight that you are comfortable with and that's easy for you to maintain. 117lbs is a perfectly healthy weight I say!

If once you hit goal and feel the need to drop a few, feel free to do so within reason. Also remember weight bearing exercise can do wonders for re-scultping your shape without the need for any further weight-loss
Thanks :-) that's kinda why I thought I would set it at 117lbs to start as if I go up or down a bit it won't matter. I am a gym bunny so hopefully I won't have to worry when the fats gone there will be a half decent shape underneath ;-)
Tigerlily99 wrote: Maybe I shall aim for 98 pounds first then aimed with toning my legs:-). Yeah, I am a pear- or at least started becoming one when i turned 20 haha.

I have a friend who is very petite - except for her boobs and her bum/thighs. My thighs are the same circumference and I'm 4inches taller and quite a bit more muscular. However, when we're out, it's her 'pear shape' that the guys drool over. She'd love to lose some of it... and her admirers would hate it.
27 posts Page 2 of 2