The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

7 posts Page 1 of 1
My feast day calories..
02 Apr 2013, 01:48
Ok, I am on a feast day, it is the day after my 10th fast and I cannot stop going to the fridge and grabbing at my sons mini Easter eggs!
The funny thing is if they weren't there I wouldn't actually feel like them. I am waiting for my 7 month old to wake up so we can go out and about!
My question is on a feast day, does it matter exactly what your '2000' cals comes from? I am willing to forego lunch and have a very light dinner if this is the case..
Re: My feast day calories..
02 Apr 2013, 02:12
I'm no expert, cuz I've only been doing this for about a month. But I definitely forego lunch and tweak my foods in any way I want to, but keep in the 2000 area. I have a weakness for chocolate, and I often eat that and cut down on nutritious foods. Not every day of course, but I do give in to my cravings, and I'm still losing weight!
02 Apr 2013, 02:13
Oh a binge day! I know that we are told eggs are good for us but I don't think that was meant to extend to the ones made by Cadbury's and Lindt...

As far as weight loss is concerned I don't think it matters where the calories come from. But I think this attack of the munchies was triggered by eating sugar (in chocolate) after a fast. If you could have skipped the first chocolate egg you wouldn't have needed to eat the rest.

Still, it's not a disaster. Either go light the rest of the day, or eat normally today and try to be a bit more careful tomorrow. Or just put it down to experience and try not to repeat too often...
02 Apr 2013, 02:27
Regretting it now..feel like s**t, my stomach aches.
Thanks for your replies, hopefully this is lesson learnt.
02 Apr 2013, 02:35
Now have a sudden urge to go to sleep! Sugar is dangerous!
It is funny how I can now notice more clearly what type of foods do what to my body and mind..
Like you said Dominic, if I hadn't had the first one, I wouldn't have had the subsequent ones.. :-(
02 Apr 2013, 02:40
ejaykay wrote: It is funny how I can now notice more clearly what type of foods do what to my body and mind...

Well put. That is a part of the fasting journey too.
02 Apr 2013, 05:38
Oooh, sugar overload is not nice., big drinks of water can almost 'dilute' it.
7 posts Page 1 of 1