The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

8 posts Page 1 of 1
Today should be a fast day.
Was doing ok up till an hour ago but hadnt really been feeling it, too much chiocolate last night i guess :oops:
The bank holiday has thrown me so i decided to call it quits today with a sarnie and some crisps for lunch and will fast properly on thursday as normal

Good luck to the rest of the tuesday fasters

jeniben
Isn't that the great thing about this WOL jeniben - if something comes along and we alter our plans that's fine - if you're not feeling it then so be it..... Re-group back to 5:2 next week ! :smile:
Thanks Suchard
most definately be back on 5.2 next week as hubbys 50th is the week after and then end of month we are in mexico for 2 week hols
I did this today, I was fasting fine until around 5pm but due to a stressful day I reached for the chocolate :(

I wanted to try today but can almost already feel that today is not a fast day. Lets see how it goes...
Mazza, today is not lost! By getting to this time in the day you have still curtailed the amount of calories. See how you do, don't stress it and count it as a reduced day. :)
This is true, thanks :)

What counts as a reduced calorie day would you say? I ended up getting up to 1700 yesterday once I dumped the bar of chocolate on top of what I'd eaten already!

I'm off work sick at the moment so am finding it doubly hard to stay away from the fridge. I actually made my husband take the biscuits to work with him this morning so I wouldn't eat them all haha. Forward planning...

Thanks for the encouragement :)
Hmmm, dunno really! Suppose anything less that what you would eat on a usual day? 50 to 75% of your TDEE? What you feel comfortable as thinking is reduced?
Just really keen that people don't beat themselves up about not getting through a whole day/having a bit more than they planned and all the negative stuff that 'diets' perpetuate.
You set the parameters ;)
Well according to my fitness pal, I'm on the 1200 a day so I guess that would make it 600 - 700. Perhaps I will try that for today :)

Cheers for the support! x
8 posts Page 1 of 1