The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

4 posts Page 1 of 1
3rd fast
03 Apr 2013, 23:03
Finished supper at 8pm and will now fast (other than my 500 cals) until 11am on Friday morning. The first evening of each fast day seems to be hardest for me. As a single mum, once the kids have gone to bed, I find it hard not to look for a bit of comfort, and the fridge is always within easy reach... The second evening is more comfortable as I know I have breakfast to look forward to.

Having said that, my first week on this programme has been amazing. I got through the first 2 fast days fine, and now my eating on my feast days has been getting more and more moderate. I seem to have had some kind of psychological shift - maybe knowing that I can eat anything I want without guilt means I don't feel the need to overeat or binge.

Long may it continue :smile:
Re: 3rd fast
04 Apr 2013, 05:24
Hello Giddy and welcome. Sounds as though you're doing really well so far.
Do you plan to give yourself some non food comfort on the first night? Something to look forward to? That may help distract you from the fridge.
It's good knowing you can eat what you want without guilt isn't it.
As you say, long may it continue :)
04 Apr 2013, 13:35
Not too good at identifying non-food comfort - food has always been my first port of call. Suggestions gratefully received! x
04 Apr 2013, 18:23
Just had my fast day meal and I feel hungrier now than before I ate!! Oh well, at least I have a guilt free breakfast to look forward to in the morning.
4 posts Page 1 of 1