The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

3 posts Page 1 of 1
My first easy fast!
05 Apr 2013, 02:14
I started this diet a month ago today. I've lost 9 lbs. I've done good on all of my fast days, but I have been hungry and had to talk myself into being strong and that I only had to wait until morning to eat! Today, my 10th fast, I wasn't hungry at all! I had black coffee in the morning. Then around 3:00 I realized I hadn't eaten anything. Well, I didn't want to go into starvation mode, or have my metabolism slow down, so I had some soup. Filled me right up for the rest of the day! I've got a couple hundred calories left and am thinking about a small chocolate reward! :oops: I just wanted to let everyone who is new to this diet, that it does get easier! I was skeptical, but now I'm a believer!
Re: My first easy fast!
05 Apr 2013, 06:04
Congrats and thanks for sharing that cindy, it is great to hear an example of that adaptation to fasting and gives encouragement to others. A little chocolate reward is nice, but watch the chocolate especially on the post-fast day. It's the easiest way to take in calories and so more-ish!
Re: My first easy fast!
05 Apr 2013, 06:11
This was my first week of doing two 24 hour fasts and saving my calories for an evening meal. I would not say it was entirely easy, headache, feeling cold and wobbly towards the end. It was better than when I started though. Also I am at last eating less on feed days too and seem to have gone past the need to binge. Early days still but this is for life as far as I am concerned. Slowly I am feeling better mentally and physically. Always good to hear how others are doing.
3 posts Page 1 of 1