The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello my friends,
The title says it all. My stomach did me the favour and we ate all veggies and some sugar-free jelly today.
I followed my observation that some veggies are nice to me and went ahead and boiled a pot of them. They were a total of 490 calories but I have some left.
Canny wait to see if it will make a difference in my weight! :?:

P.S. There was some fruit in the jelly, thus my addition of "almost".
Thank you!!! :-)

I must say that I felt hungry almost all day so I do hope there is a difference!!!
OK, I think that weight-wise I did slightly better than usually. Although the hunger was by far more intense. With porridge, I don't get hungry till 2-3 hours after I've eaten. With the veggies, I never stopped being hungry, even just after I ate!

Anyway, if I manage to hit the supermarket and find the same veggies, I'll do it again on my next fast, just for the sake of losing a bit more since Easter is approaching and my plan is to reach my target weight by then.
would increasing your protein intake (perhaps with beans if you don't want meat or fish) help with feeling fuller?

Sometimes it is worth looking at the glycaemic load of food - even things that might appear high GI are actually low GL like ice cream and even chocolate!
Don't they have too many calories???
5 posts Page 1 of 1