The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

2 posts Page 1 of 1
09 Apr 2013, 15:18
What is the best day to get weighed to get an accurate weight loss?
I have always got weighed on a Monday morning, however since starting this diet 5 weeks ago I appear to be what I would call Yo Yo dieting.
I fast on a Monday and Wednesday, if I get weighed on Thursday morning I can have lost 2-3lbs but on a Monday morning after my normal eating days I have put that back on again. How do I get an accurate weight loss figure?
Re: Newbie
09 Apr 2013, 15:24
Hi KJT :)

Our weight varies naturally throughout the week by as much as several lbs, so the best way to see the downward trend is to only weigh weekly, or less often. Try to stick to the same day and time each week. I like to weigh the morning after my second fast day, before breakfast but after I've been to the loo.

It can also be a good idea to measure around your waist as this can be a better indicator of loss than the weight (which will vary due to water retention, food in the gut, time of the month and any number of other odd factors).

I used to weigh every day, but now I try to only weigh once a week. If I do weigh between times I don't put any stock in what it says as that's not my 'official' weight.
2 posts Page 1 of 1