The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

6 posts Page 1 of 1
Lunch with a client...
15 Apr 2013, 14:11
Some time ago, before embarking on the 5:2 WOL I had set up a meeting with a client and she had suggested it for lunch time today. The meeting was with her team of 4 people and lunch is normally a sandwich, fruit, buffet kind of thing.
My repair days are usually today and so I had planned on not taking too much from the buffet after having already skipped breakfast this morning.
Anyway - the plates and napkins were handed out and one of the team declined whereupon someone else offered the fact that he was 'fasting' - yep - another 5:2'er in the room. That gave me the ideal excuse to join him and decline too and the first 10-15 minutes of the meeting were spent chatting about our experiences... small world and repair day still in tact - that counts as a win in my book. :like: :smile:
Re: Lunch with a client...
15 Apr 2013, 14:30
Haha, how great is that?! We're growing in numbers that's for sure :D

My sis emailed me today and asked about 5:2, she's thinking of trying it.

Well done on sticking to your repair day too. I wonder if anyone else who was there will be inspired by your example?
15 Apr 2013, 15:22
Excellent - still on track for that fast day then :grin:
15 Apr 2013, 15:31
Well done, oldestswinger! How fortuitous to find another 5:2'er. We're getting everywhere it seems! There's a lot of us about!
15 Apr 2013, 15:37
Thank you all - the bigger challenge this week will be the three nights away at a hotel with colleagues, all you can eat buffet breakfasts and non lo-cal options on the evening menu (plus obligatory team beers) :dazed:
20 Apr 2013, 08:33
Update from the three nights away - with the various meetings and schedules I managed to skip lunch Tues/Wed/Thurs and had a light breakfast of 2 poached eggs and some fruit. This was counterbalanced with a larger than normal evening meal and just a glass of wine. I even managed to get my repair day in yesterday and, after performing with my band last night, I jumped on the scales this morning to a surprise of 2.4lb lighter than Monday. Normally when I go away like this I used to totally overeat and drink and feel crap when I got back suffering from the after effects of the over indulgence. Not this time. This new healthy way of life is so right for me.
6 posts Page 1 of 1