The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

12 posts Page 1 of 1
Ok to have week off ?
17 Apr 2013, 10:19
A little dispirited as weight loss slowed right down , not sure if right thing to do but as visiting sister in Canada next week , thought would give myself a break . But scared will gain and undo all good work ! :?:
Re: Ok to have week off ?
17 Apr 2013, 10:23
Go for it! It seems to be the experience that really mixing up the calorie intake can jump start weight loss again. A trip like you are having is for enjoying , not fretting about what you eat. If you really can't let go, you could consider mini fasts or low cal days. Maybe miss breakfast or lunch, or have a smallish dinner.
This needs to be sustainable , so enjoy yourself and seeing your sister and come back refreshed and ready to jump back in. :)
17 Apr 2013, 10:25
I think it's definitely ok. Enjoy your trip to Canada, and don't think too much about it, then start again when you come back!
17 Apr 2013, 10:41
Relax and enjoy the visit with your Sister. Any gain can be dealt with when you get home :)
17 Apr 2013, 11:00
Absolutely - no doubt whatsoever. Enjoy your visit and then regroup when you return!! - have a fab trip
17 Apr 2013, 11:09
Thank you all , this is a wonderful forum to keep the spirits up !
17 Apr 2013, 12:05
Yeah, relax and have a good time!
I had a week off when I went on holiday a few weeks ago. I had been on a bit of a plateau for a few weeks, then the week after my holiday, BAM, lost 2lbs! I think the break was just what I needed to kickstart things and to come back full of enthusiasm for picking up 5:2 again
17 Apr 2013, 12:25
I had a similar experience.
I was on holidays with the kids over Easter,
We had meals out, take aways, easter egss ... the list goes on.
I was dreading getting back on the scales.
But the following week, I just got straight back into 5:2 and was amazed to dicover that my weight was the exact same as befoe holidays.
In the past this would have spelt disaster for me and i would usually expect a gain of 5-7 lbs
So if anything it's stenghtened my resolve and I,ve fallen n love with 5:2 all over again.

So go and have a great holiday.
Remember 5:2 is for life which means don't put your life on hold,
Live it and love the fact that you can :smile:
24 Apr 2013, 15:43
Enjoying my week in Canada , whole new way of eating , lots of meals out , so fingers crossed that I haven't put too much weight on ! Back to fasting next Tuesday !
24 Apr 2013, 16:16
Thanks to everyone for this topic. My wife and I live in Athens Georgia and saw the program when it aired in the USA on the 4th of April. My wife said "I think I could do that" so we decided to start on the 8th of April (choosing the Monday and Thursday option which seems most popular. We have successfully completed 5 fast days. In the first 2 weeks I lost 5 lbs and my wife (who does not want to weigh herself) has gone down a size in her jeans:)

On the 8th of May we are going to Australia for 2 weeks (we are both Australian) and we were agonizing over whether to try to stay with the 5:2 diet while away (which we would probably fail at). This set of posts has been very helpful. We will try to be mindful of what we eat and then pick 5:2 up again when we get back.

Cheers,

Allan.
24 Apr 2013, 16:57
My husband and I are also off on holiday next Wednesday for two weeks and we will not be following any variation of fasting while we are away! We are perfectly reconciled to putting on weight and to getting straight back to 5:2 on our return.

The difference this time will be that I won't be thinking all the time we are away, 'I shouldn't have that, I shouldn't have this!' We will enjoy whatever we want, knowing that we can deal with it on our return. However, there may even be a day or two when we choose to exercise some sort of calorie restriction - now that would really be a miracle of the most miraculous kind!
24 Apr 2013, 17:57
I think that you have already proved the 5:2 plan works and it will do you good to have a break, but won't be surprised if you find yourself eating more healthily whilst you are on holiday!
12 posts Page 1 of 1