The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

18 posts Page 1 of 2
Much and all as I love my mother I don't want to look like her yet... She's 91yrs!! Has anyone else noticed the rapid appearance of wrinkles? At 58 I expect a few but I'm turning into a prune :shock: . I use a moisturiser all the time & have dug out my bottle bio oil. Even my husband commented on how wrinkly my hands looked so they must be bad for him to notice (he's not daft/ brave enough to mention my face) :frown:
Do I need to add more fat into my diet or what? It's not the result of rapid weight loss as I'm one of the slow losers. :confused:

I love this WOE so all advice gratefully received :like:
Did nobody tell you that lines make a face look "lived in" ? Seriously I don't think it's the diet.
Bee I think a few lines give a face character but mine in the last week or so looks like its been round the block a couple of times at least :lol:
I'm equal parts amused and horrified by your post because my mother is in my mirror too! But she's reflecting saggy face at me as neither us us are especially prone to wrinkling. I think due to our both having very oily skin, although I'm a bit younger than you at 44. I'm trying out the face yoga someone mentioned here and that seems to be helping with the nasty wattle I've developed even before losing weight.

I also use a "skin refinisher" called MaMa lotion. It's expensive and pretty harsh, but it does seem to strip off any skin blemishes which should include any wrinkles. It's so harsh that I'm afraid to use it around my eyes where I do notice some wrinkles starting.
This made me giggle (sorry!) - also made me think of the film Shirley Valentine when Tom Conti's admiring her stretch marks "These are the marks of life, they show you are alive.... be proud of them" and then she replies "Arn't men full of shit". Sorry, I'll exit stage left giggling :grin:

(My mum's lurking too !!!)
If my mum was in my mirror I'd be thinner, LOLOLOL!!!

Seriously, if you live in the UK, hit Boots and get a Tri-Actiline and some No7's Lift and Luminate and you'll be A-OK!
Still giggling
TML13 wrote: If my mum was in my mirror I'd be thinner, LOLOLOL!!!

:like:
Just be glad it's not your grandmother! :shock:
bordergirl wrote: Just be glad it's not your grandmother! :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm giggling at this, but also slightly concerned because there was a previous post on face looking saggy and we've all seen the celebs who've lost loads of weight and look wrinkly/ gaunt. I've not lost that much weight yet, but as I'm in my mid 30s, I'm slightly obsessed with the onset of wrinkles and lines!

A friend suggested that haemorrhoid cream is a brilliant 'face freezer' for use under make up for a special occasion. I haven't tried it... yet! But who knows!

I also think of Dolly Parton's brilliant line (put on your best Tennessee accent) 'If I see somethin saggin, baggin or draggin, I get it nipped, tucked or sucked!' Bit drastic maybe - think I'll stick with making funny faces to exercise the face muscles!!
Suchard007 wrote: Still giggling
TML13 wrote: If my mum was in my mirror I'd be thinner, LOLOLOL!!!

:like:

Yes, my mum is a slim Goddess and it's all because of me. She was chubby when she got pregnant but after I was born she got a hormonal thing and lost all her pregnancy and the excess weight and since then she is very thin!!! :oops:
Thanks for all the replies, made me smile, it was one of those moments you know like when you say something to your kids then think OMG that's my mother talking :lol: :lol: .
Bordergirl think granny might be lurking there too :grin:

Keep the comments coming, they say laughing is good for the facial muscles!! :wink:
Ginty wrote: Thanks for all the replies, made me smile, it was one of those moments you know like when you say something to your kids then think OMG that's my mother talking :lol: :lol: .
Bordergirl think granny might be lurking there too :grin:

Don't worry! I sound like my mum when I talk to my boyfriend. Now THAT is a problem.
My old Mum spent hours in the sun and her face looked like a pickled wallnut ! But...my word she had blonde hair and could look pretty glamourous even in her 70's....hope I turn out like her :)
I wish I was my mum in the mirror ..she's at least 3 stone lighter than me and only she gets away with constantly pointing that out!
18 posts Page 1 of 2