The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

9 posts Page 1 of 1
total dumb A$$ question
18 Apr 2013, 15:07
hi
when you work out stones to pounds how do you do it?

i have been consistent in the way i do it but am not sure i am actually doing it right
my current weight is 13st 10lbs, i have been working lbs out by doing 13 (st) x 14(no of lbs per stone) + whatever extra pounds are
so in this case i get 13*14+10 = 192

but looking at some online converters i seem to be off and this will obviously affect my tdee as its worked out on how many lbs you weigh

confused, i am
Re: total dumb A$$ question
18 Apr 2013, 15:09
I think you have done the math correctly!
18 Apr 2013, 15:15
Thats how I do it.. I can't see how it could be worked out any differently to be honest.
18 Apr 2013, 15:30
I agree, you seem to be doing it correctly.
18 Apr 2013, 15:36
Yes, you're definitely doing it right. If the figure doesn't tally with online calculators there must be another reason (not very helpful I know!)
18 Apr 2013, 15:37
I am sure your method is is right. 14lbs is 1 stone
Sure the maths is right as well
19 Apr 2013, 11:34
thank you all
maths was never my strong pioint at school
glad i seem to be doing it right (and therefore have a few more cals to play with than some of the online converters would allow me

jeniben
19 Apr 2013, 11:48
You're doing it right! I wonder if the discrepancy is because some converters are giving the result as a decimal weight?
What I mean is: Say I was 147lbs, the converters say that I am 10.5 stone (which is correct, it is 10 and a half stone) but because there are 14lbs in a stone, 10 and a half stone = 10 stone 7lbs, NOT 10 stone 5lbs! So that may be where the confusion is coming from.
19 Apr 2013, 12:38
thanks Gail
never thought of that, your are probably right and i will keep doing what i'm doing

jeniben
9 posts Page 1 of 1