The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

11 posts Page 1 of 1
I am on week 4 of 5:2, and I have been having issues with constipation since the beginning. I either skip a day, or when I do go it is very little. On my fast days, I heavily rely on tea to make it through the day. I mostly drink non-caffinated peppermint tea, and on occasional cup of jasmine green tea. I also have a bowl of cabbage soup and a slice of roast beef on a piece of green leaf lettuce on my fast days as well.

I believe that with all of the tea that I drink, I am getting more than enough liquids in per day. Do you think the tea can be causing the problem? Or possibly all of the warm water that I am consuming? Is anytone else having a problem with this? How can I lose weight if I can't go!!!!!!!!! :frown:
Personally, I love tea. Today is my first fast day and I will drink a ton of tea (with milk, counting the calories) today. I don't think it's the tea. Have you tried a fiber supplement? I've been using psyllium fiber for several years, and I'm finding it really helps on my fast days to keep hunger away. In fact there's a clinical study going on now about psyllium and satiety. But aside from that, it really helps keep you regular though.
Sorry, I should clarify I was on another type of intermittent fasting diet for a short while before 5:2, but this is my first day of 5:2ing. Tea really helped keep me full.
Also, I use the powdered psyllium you can mix with water or diet juice.
I do use a powdered fiber once a day that dissolves in liquids. I think the serving is 2 spoonfulls. Should I be using it more often?
Hi, I am a tea-addict too and used to get very constipated since starting this woe but recently I have started having a sachet of Fybogel in the mornings dissolved in water and that has been great, I have the orange flavour one and it is not unpleasant at all to drink. Someone else I think has suggested a daily Actimel (little yoghurt drinks that are delish!)really helps and I will also be having one of those a day when the Fybogel runs out.
Hope this helps!
Actimel probably works because they contain a huge amount of sugar (4tsp in one little bottle I believe) and sugar helps soften your stools, as it attracts water to the bowel.
Maybe I need to make sure that I am drinking enough plain water as well. I just drank 2 glass of of plain water and I had success! :victory:
Have a look at this topic too hillkay.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3248

:)
The first remedy I use for diarrhoea is black tea. But if you add a splash of milk, it does make things better.
For some reason, my body needs plain water to make things happen. I am making sure that I drink a glass of water if I have a cup of tea. Things are much better now :wink:
11 posts Page 1 of 1