The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

2 posts Page 1 of 1
teaching me a lesson
19 Apr 2013, 17:05
Hi all

I went out for a pub lunch today, its a regular date with my 82 yr old mum, then we go shopping. Mum is a creature of habit every week 1/2 a lager and fish chips & mushy peas. This week there was a special offer on the menu,
Codfather meal and free profiterole dessert, so yesterday being a fast day and I now skip breakfast making it approx 36 hrs on little sustinance, I decided to go for it and mum agreed. I haven't got a natural sweet tooth but I am partial to a profiterole or two, or three :oops:
We were presented with a baby whale, chips , mushy peas, bread and butter (yuk)
Mum looked at me the way mothers do and I still cringed at my age, so I said attack from within, eat the fish from under the batter and a few peas. Leave room for the pud.
So apart from the cost of only eating half a meal, I felt guilty wasting the food.
Its back to the lite bites next week. :confused:
Re: teaching me a lesson
19 Apr 2013, 17:27
Hi Chriso57,

You know, the food is wasted if it goes in the bin, and it is 'waisted' if it goes into your personal bin so DO NOT feel guilty! Feel pleasure that you refrained from self abuse because however much is left on your plate, it will never find it's way to a starving person in another part of the world, more's the pity!

Keep up the good work,

Ballerina x
2 posts Page 1 of 1