The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

12 posts Page 1 of 1
This IS working!
20 Apr 2013, 01:37
I have officially been doing 5:2 for 4 weeks (total of 8 fasts) and I have lost 3kg! I am pretty chuffed with this as it far outstrips my previous pace of 1kg per month, which was my maximum speed on weight watchers. So chuffed! I was worried starting this that it wouldn't work, because I had been on a low calorie diet for so long. But I think eating more on non-fast days has actually helped speed up the old metabolism again, while at the same time cutting calories two days a week ensured I didn't gain weight! Roughly 3-5kg to go till I get to goal. And getting to eat 1800-2000 calories per day on non-fast days feels like a total luxury - feels like SO much food and yummy choices compared to a 1300 cal per day menu. At first I was hesitant about eating more than my previous 1300 cal on feast days, but the week that I did stick to such a low number, my weight went nowhere, whereas the weeks that I ate all my TDEE (not exercise calories though) I dropped weight!

Also, in this time I have had to attend a 2 day workshop - eating out three meals a day to contend with there, unfortunately one binge moment, as well as cake at easter, and the occasional chocolate treat!

I have NEVER been on a diet and lost so successfully, it's like a dream. Whenever I tried other diets - atkins, meal replacements, lite n easy, primal diet, cutting sugar, cutting wheat, cutting caffeine, cutting diet drinks, very low calorie etc, not once have I had that incredible initial weight loss that others always seemed to experience! I would lose very very small amounts, if anything at all. Jealously I would look at the success of others on the message boards and wonder why it was never me? And eventually I'd stop the diet and return to calorie counting as they were always so darn restrictive, and socially isolating. I still can't quite believe this! Maybe the scales are broken haha!? But no, finally getting back into the skinny jeans, and seeing my ab muscles again (I forgot they did this).
Re: This IS working!
20 Apr 2013, 02:19
Congratulations!!Keep up the good work!!
20 Apr 2013, 03:48
It's great isn't it Lucy? :smile: The easiest way to lose weight and no deprivation involved!
20 Apr 2013, 04:05
Congratulations! I'm starting to think that one loses more the closer you eat to your TDEE. If I go by the standard 1200 cals or less on non-fast days, I don't lose as much as I do when I eat more. Thanks for posting your success.
20 Apr 2013, 04:29
Well done, I have had a similar loss over the last 4 weeks can't believe how good this is. Not going to say it's easy on fast days. Planning to be more organised for Monday and get some ready made meals from M&S to help this. However saying this it is much easier than any other diet I have tried, not craving for anything as nothing is forbidden and keeping everything in moderation. :grin:
20 Apr 2013, 05:35
Great! Me too. Haven't actually lost for 6 weeks but can do up the 'aspirational trousers' now and will be able to wear them out next weekend for a big family function. Obviously another centimetre came off where it counts. I will be doing a few sit ups this week to ensure I can fit dinner in on the night!!
20 Apr 2013, 07:43
I love your post. Well done. I love this diet too. I would never never lost 18lb on a low cal diet. Just too much misery. I can't live like that.
20 Apr 2013, 07:50
Thanks for posting your success. Stories like yours are very encouraging for new members like me
20 Apr 2013, 08:02
Well done, I totally agree this WOE has revolutionized my life and I'm only 1 week in!!!
I too have been calorie counting for some time with little effect
Hope your success continues
xx
20 Apr 2013, 18:24
Yes, I am also really enjoying 5:2 and have completed 4 fasts. This past fortnight has been a real eye opener in that I can choose to eat what I like when I like, sounds daft, but for two months I was on a very limited choice of food and then I was counting calories every day in March, so I feel liberated. Even my underwear is loose and I can see my feet when I look down!!
20 Apr 2013, 18:50
Of course it's working, well done you!!!
27 Apr 2013, 21:04
I really like your post :smile: - I have been on a lot of diets like you, counting calories and sometimes almost starving, just to loose at least some weight. In the beginning when I started this 4:3 I was so afraid eating too much on non-fasting days, I was so used to 1000-1100 calories a day,sometimes even lower, but after finding out I am in fact loosing weight even though I am eating about 1400-1700 calories, I am more relaxed now and just enjoy :smile:.

Been on 4:3 for 3 weeks and have lost 4 kilo :like: and I am feeling GREAT!

Pia
12 posts Page 1 of 1