The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

4 posts Page 1 of 1
Here we go again !!!!!
20 Apr 2013, 08:35
Hi,

I have been following the 5:2 for 10 weeks now. The first 4 weeks went well, losing a total of 4 pounds. In the past couple of weeks I have lost 1 inch of my waist, 1/2 of my thighs and hips.

Overall I have plateaud for the last 6 weeks, same old story. Any new eating plan I start is great for a few weeks then I get stuck.

My TDEE is roughly 1750 on non fast days, sometimes I eat that amount, other days less as I am not always hungry.

Its a vicious circle of YES it works to oh no not again.

My sleeping was great to start, now its back to being ridiculous, although my train of thought at work is much sharper.

Really dont know what to do to get it moving again :starving:

All ideas are very welcome...... :wink:
Re: Here we go again !!!!!
20 Apr 2013, 09:04
Hi Lou
But this is working for you!! :grin:

I have found that it is not all about what the scales say. Just look at the loss on the tape measure. You HAVE lost inches.

KEEP GOING. The scales will catch up eventually.

Best of luck.

Lesley. :smile:
20 Apr 2013, 09:12
I'm exactly the same as you Madlou but overall WE are losing all be it dreadfully slowly! I don't kno what the answer is tbh but will not let it get to me and my experiment at the moment is having Fast days and high feed days and low cal feed days mixed in!

Also focus on the good facts i.e. its not a 7 day a week restrictive diet such as WW and SW and are bodies are changing shape for the better. Keep your chin up x
20 Apr 2013, 09:13
Don't worry, we all plateau at some point - just think of it as the point at which you would have been putting weight back on if you weren't doing this! You body's having a think about things, it'll sort itself out shortly, have faith in it :clover:
4 posts Page 1 of 1