The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

12 posts Page 1 of 1
My husband and I took a day trip to France yesterday, and I had a little blip.

I ate: lots of brioche, a chocolate eclair, fries (we had moule frites but I couldn't eat them because they are actually just disgusting. Bleugh, so I just ate the chips instead) and then another chocolate custard-filled choux bun. PLUS we had wine at lunch.

Oops!

Should I calorie count today?- doable as I am making roast chicken which we'll have with loads of veggies and salad instead of a full on roast dinner.

Monday is my next fasting day.

By the way, bad eating aside, I THOROUGHLY recommend a day trip to Calais - we got a deal on P&O which was £28 day return for a car and up to 9 people, and it came with a voucher for 6 free bottles of wine. Amazing! I love France.
What a lovely day out! When we lived in Portsmouth we nipped over quite often. No chance from here.
I wouldn't worry about the extra calories- it was part of the day! From reading other threads, it seems that a day's blip doesn't cause an adverse effect. In fact sometimes the opposite!
Enjoy the chicken- sounds like you don't need to calorie count because you've planned a pretty low-cal version anyway.
Thanks, Golarne, for the reassurance :) On a side note, your sig makes me laugh, I quotes it to a friend who was hungover the other day.
Reading this post is not advisable on a fast day! U enjoyed yourself that's the main thing!!
Hi
I had a similar day yesterday, not exactly to plan!! But as above comments, don't be too hard on yourself, it sounded a lovely day out and you had fun!!! This is a guilt free WOE, today is a new day!! Enjoy the sunshine, it's lovely down here on the south coast again :lol:

I'm planning on pasta and meatballs tonight as fasting tomorrow so want to ensure I'm ready to go!!

Interested to see how 2nd week goes as thinking 1st week's results might be mainly water :?:
Oh I'm green with jealousy here, a day trip to France! I love living in Australia, but we are so isolated :cry:
Hi,

Looks like you had a lovely day. I think eating all those yummie things every once in a while will help you keep up the good work all the longer, isn't this what this whole way of eating is all about? Btw thanks for all your lovely recipes, I will certainly give the skinny pasta a try. I don't think I would count cals today.
What a lovely day out, I also very much enjoy going to France & I was in Provence last year. I also made calorie mistakes yesterday with an M&S meal deal that was stuffed mushrooms then paella but the worse thing was a butterscotch pudding my husband liked. I had a quarter portion that I found out was 350 cals just for that so my calorie count for the day including wine was over 2200 so no more pudding!! I will try & compensate today with just coffee for breakfast as I am going to our local Inn for a roast lunch. I don't want to undo my weight loss on Friday :doh:
That sounds like a "normal" eating day well spent! I'm sure it will even out over the week.
Thanks guys! I feel better about it now, and even if I don't lose anything this week, it was well worth it for a nice day out on the continent.
Hi incountingufoz,

I agree, day trips to Calais are great, you have now put me in the mood for one. Great offer but who can fit 9 people in their car? No matter how much weight 9 people lost on 5:2 you still could not do it! Don't worry about the calories, sounds like today's lunch won't burst the banks either and it's back to 'business as usual' tomorrow.

Ballerina x
Hi
I live in France and have found the wonderful food here to be a great temptation, which is probably why no diet has worked before...but with 5:2 I feel that I will get there....
All the best
Lorna
12 posts Page 1 of 1