The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

16 posts Page 1 of 2
Well my plan was to do 4:3 and fast sun tues and thurs but it got to 11.15am today and I drove past a mcdonalds and the car drove it self in and I ate a large big mac meal with a diet coke!! Cals = 950 cals but I figured if I have my ready meal and veg to tonight I will be within 1500 cals anyway but still feel abit annoyed with myself!

Think I might do 5:2 and fast tues and thurs and use 4:3 if weight loss slows down. Will try stick with ink 1500 cals mon weds fri then enjoy myself abit more at weekends.

I'm just so depressed with my size :-(
Speed in fat loss is not your friend though. Creating a plan that you can keep up for the rest of your life is. I tried 4:3 first, but since I only work 4 days, one of the fasting days occurred on my day off. It didn't work well. This past week felt much better, and without trying I am able to easily limit my non-fasting days.

I work T-W-Th-F 9 to 4, so what I do on those days is drink my morning green tea, then have a cup of coffee with (measured) half and half. At work I drink 2 50oz bottles of water into which I put a T of apple cider vinegar and a few drops of stevia. At "lunch time" I have either a cup of tea or a cup of bouillon. Then when I get home, I have a bit of greek yogurt, with a few blueberries and stevia. Then I made dinner. On my fasting days it was, obviously, lower cal, on non-fasting days it was a bit higher cal and on those days I also had a small bit of dark chocolate.

A focus on your current size and allowing it to determine your mood is counter productive. I think if you work to be kind to yourself, and not be judgmental about your size, you will find that eating in this way will be easier for you.

YMMV, and I have only been doing 5:2 since the first of the month, so take from this what you will, but notice that my size (BMI) is bigger than yours.
Thanks Chris that's brill advice. I am hoping that sticking to the plan I described will make me lose around 2 pounds a week. Fasting just seemed alot easier at work I did consider fasting mon weds fri but I don't know! Could I ask how many cals roughly u have on non fast days?
I find fasting on the weekends easier, but my job requires a lot of concentration sometimes which I find difficult if my tummy is grumbling. When I feel hungry on the weekend, I run errands, do gardening and chores around the house, etc.

Anyway, good luck! I'm sure everyone has days when it's hard to stick with it.
I fasted twice on a Sunday because I was out till the wee hours on Saturday and I slept till after 2pm on Sunday which means that half the day was already gone.
In that aspect, fasting on a weekend was easy for me.

On the other hand, yesterday was Saturday and I was out till the wee hours but on my way home I stopped by the bakery and got an amazing pie with bacon, cheese and bbq sauce. So, no fasting today for me unless I manage to eat nothing else for the rest of the day which, to be honest, is impossible!
MaryAnn wrote: I find fasting on the weekends easier, but my job requires a lot of concentration sometimes which I find difficult if my tummy is grumbling. When I feel hungry on the weekend, I run errands, do gardening and chores around the house, etc.

Anyway, good luck! I'm sure everyone has days when it's hard to stick with it.

I'm the same :like:

Also, I'm a grumpy faster so at least at weekends only my family has to deal with it lol
Awwww Claire23, don't be hard on yourself. I wouldnt dream of fasting on a weekend. I'll be doing Tuesday and Thursday this week. You can stick with me if you like those days and we can help each other through :like: :smile:
Pip wrote:
Also, I'm a grumpy faster so at least at weekends only my family has to deal with it lol

Awwwww aren't you sweet!!! :razz:
Claire23 wrote: Thanks Chris that's brill advice. I am hoping that sticking to the plan I described will make me lose around 2 pounds a week. Fasting just seemed alot easier at work I did consider fasting mon weds fri but I don't know! Could I ask how many cals roughly u have on non fast days?

Claire, so far my approximate on non-fasting days is about 1700 give or take. I am not limiting myself, but I am tracking it. I have an account on MyFitnessPal, feel free to friend me if you want to check out my food diary. I am demuralist on there as well. Just tell me who you are when you do the friend request so I know to accept.

I first tried a 4:3, but since I only work 4 days a week it meant doing the fast 2 consecutive days and I am not ready for that yet! I start all of my work days the same so technically any of them could be a fast day until I get home and start to eat. This gives me flexibility to change up if I really need it, or an unexpected social event comes up.

I am not in a huge hurry to lose as I feel like a nice slow loss will help prevent loose hanging skin as well as help me to make this WOE a permanent lifestyle.
It happens ! 2000 cals on a feed day should be fine.
I agree. Weekends don't work for me. I tried fasting on a day off. It was a very very very long day and I didnt feel motivated to do anything. I now fast on my two busiest days of the week even though they are consecutive. The fasting days go by really quickly.
I don't fast weekends, my partner is working away during the week so its nice to enjoy ourselves and eat what we like when we are together
I find I can be a little grumpy with people at work during my fasting days; Mondays and Thursdays but only a little :wink:
deMuralist wrote:
Claire23 wrote: Thanks Chris that's brill advice. I am hoping that sticking to the plan I described will make me lose around 2 pounds a week. Fasting just seemed alot easier at work I did consider fasting mon weds fri but I don't know! Could I ask how many cals roughly u have on non fast days?

Claire, so far my approximate on non-fasting days is about 1700 give or take. I am not limiting myself, but I am tracking it. I have an account on MyFitnessPal, feel free to friend me if you want to check out my food diary. I am demuralist on there as well. Just tell me who you are when you do the friend request so I know to accept.

It says I can only add friends via facebook or email address - maybe you could personal message your email address and I will add you, I am elizabeth2309 on there if you know how to add using that
You are brave for even considering it! Just sign me wimp.
deMuralist wrote:

It says I can only add friends via facebook or email address - maybe you could personal message your email address and I will add you, I am elizabeth2309 on there if you know how to add using that
16 posts Page 1 of 2