The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

6 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello,

My method of fasting is only an evening meal and low on carbs on fasting days.

Today I am on my 4th fasting day. And I have a feeling that I have more energy than usual. Which is great, because this doesn't happen to me often. And I am hoping this is the beginning of a new me :-)

Which made me wonder if anyone would like to share how soon after starting the diet did you notice health benefits? And did they stay?

:heart: Eep
Hi Eep,

The increase in my energy levels was the first benefit I noticed, really from the first week & I'm happy to say at week 13 it's still here. People noticed that way before they noticed the weight loss.
I also feel better in myself which is great as I have a chronic illness & improving my general health is very important to me as I worry about all medication I take & what's it doing to insides. Fast days now feel like I'm giving my body a treat & I look forward to them & how they make me feel.
Thanks, Scotty, that sounds really promising.
I hope it works for me the same.
It was my fourth fast today and I felt like I had more energy, I even walked to work (45 mins) which I have never done before!!
I have more energy too and I haven't had a cold or sore throat since January!
I have 2 school aged kids in the house so that's no mean feat!
Well done Claire23!
And not having a cold or sore throat any more is great, Madeyemoodysmum!
6 posts Page 1 of 1