The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

7 posts Page 1 of 1
Not looking forward to tomorrow
22 Apr 2013, 21:07
Tomorrow is fast day three for me, and I'm really dreading it. I'm feeling really ill today, have been since my last fast on Friday, but have a killer headache today :bugeyes: Worried about how awful I am going to feel tomorrow, as I am also having to get up earlier than normal, definitely not a morning person :frown: Well I will do my best, but will probably end up back in bed trying to find films/tv to watch that does not involve food, if my headache will let me...
If you're poorly Liz, listen to your body. If you're dreading the fast and feel you can't cope with it, change it to a different day - or miss one. You shouldn't have to dread your fasts, they need to fit in with your lifestyle.

I fasted when poorly but only because I didn't feel like eating with that bug anyway, but if I was poorly and my body asked for food I'd feed it. This is about health too remember, so don't be compromising your immune system by ignoring your physiological needs when you're under the weather!

Don't worry, you can get back on the wagon when you're feeling up to it - and we'll all still be here to support & encourage you!
Do you have any idea what's causing your headache? Maybe it would be a good idea if you postpone your fast day, especially as you have to get up earlier than normal? I shall be fasting Tuesday, so if you do decide to go ahead, we'll give each other moral support. Sleep well, and see how you feel in the morning x
I am right there with you.. I have my third fast day tomorrow, have had a terrible head cold since Saturday, and have to be up much earlier than normal tomorrow for work. Thankfully I'll be very busy with work! But just remember, it's only one day! You can do it! I'll be doing it with you
Thanks everyone for your posts. I did consider giving up/postponing this particular fast, but the trouble is, I am ill pretty much every other week, so I don't want to keep skipping them or it won't work. Also, my failing point on every other diet has been because I have stopped when I get ill, and never quite get back to it, because I feel ill to some extent every day of my life, it is so hard to tell when I am 'better'. And I hate giving up on something less than two weeks in!

Having said that, I will allow myself a couple of hundred calories if I need them, better that than giving up. Also, if I feel as awful as I have done this evening, I may just give it a miss and wait until Friday. I do have Sunday that I can catch up one fast a week on, if I need to.

So thanks everyone for your advice and encouragement, I will be giving it a whirl tomorrow, but perhaps less violently than normal :razz:
Maybe try easing your way into IF by only missing one meal on fast days and as you get more comfortable with it go up to 2 missed meals.
If I was starting 5:2 again that's how I would do it. There's no hurry or reason to make it unnecessarily difficult. Good luck to you.
I am sure like most of us you are considering 5:2 to be a long term investment.(Says she with only 3 weeks in :grin: ) If you want to stay motivated for the long term you need to be less hard on yourself. Take it a bit easier and hopefully as you continue with this WoE your health will improve as well. Take care.
7 posts Page 1 of 1