The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

13 posts Page 1 of 1
week off from fasting??
24 Apr 2013, 08:50
Does anyone give them self a week off sometimes if they know they will find it hard to fast. I am revising this week and am stuck in at home all week and have not managed to fast so far as I find it really hard not to eat when I am studying. So I have decided to give my self this week of and get back onto fasting next week when I am back to work and a routine where I ring it easy to fast. Has anyone else given them self a week of?
Re: week off from fasting??
24 Apr 2013, 09:06
Hi, yes I had two weeks off recently and I didn't gain any weight. I found my body was glad of the change, and I got back to fasting no problem.
24 Apr 2013, 09:13
I haven't yet, but I'm sure there will be times when a week or two off is going to work for me. I'm planning on it being a forever way of eating, so know there will be times when it won't be realistic to fast.
24 Apr 2013, 09:17
Hi, I've just had a couple of weeks on holiday. I intended to do my fasting once a week but didn't manage any. I put on a pound but am back on track again now.
24 Apr 2013, 09:56
I had a break, unintentionally. I regretted it as I sort of slipped into all or nothing mode and resumed my old eating habits, consequently I put a few pound back on and felt absolutely pants. That was until about a month ago, I'm back on it now but getting out of the poor eating habits is hard going, but I am definitely getting there!
24 Apr 2013, 10:42
Thanks for posting this I am going on holiday for a week in two weeks and wondered whether to try my usual fasting days of tues and thurs which I am not sure if I could manage! Maybe I could do two "mini" fasts as don't want to ruin all my hard work!
24 Apr 2013, 11:22
KataMac wrote: I haven't yet, but I'm sure there will be times when a week or two off is going to work for me. I'm planning on it being a forever way of eating, so know there will be times when it won't be realistic to fast.

This is my way of thinking too. This is a WOL - make it work for you. Don't feel guilty about it - just go with the flow. Studying is important so do whatever means you can give your studies 100%. Good luck, hope the exams etc. go well for you :smile:
24 Apr 2013, 11:31
I haven't had to take time off yet, but we are going sailing in a few weeks time and as it's just the two of us, will need lots of energy on a 24/7 basis as we shall be night sailing too! Good luck with the exams (I always used to lose weight just before exams just because my system of revising was intense study at all hours of the day and night)
24 Apr 2013, 11:40
Thanks for the replies. I will get back on track next week when I am back to normality . if I put on a pound or so its not the end if the world as I know I'll lose it again when I start fasting again :-)
24 Apr 2013, 14:27
Hi, I took a week and a half off when I went to Italy, put some weight on (it was Italy!), but found it easy getting back into fasting; the weight is starting to come off again.
24 Apr 2013, 14:43
I'm sure it will be fine, don't let anything affect your studies :)
24 Apr 2013, 14:53
Planning on taking next week off as going to visit my Mum. Can't face trying to justify not eating to someone who hasn't really had a weight problem! Hopefully won't gain all I've lost.

Tammygirl you concentrate on your studies this week you have the rest of your life for 5:2!
24 Apr 2013, 15:23
Thanks guys. I will pick it up again next week. Roll on Tues when my exam is over, fed up of revision!! :-)
13 posts Page 1 of 1