Every ½ stone (7lbs) lost
Every stone (14lbs) lost
Milestone (ie ‘actual’) stones on scale – eg 11st 0lbs
Each 10% total start weight

Stats
Each BMI point
Inches off waist
Dress/Trouser size

Plus I’m going to have tests for BP, glucose, cholesterol and body composition tomorrow so I’ll add those too.
What will be your reward when you reach the targets?? I am 'weighting' to get the next kilo off to get some new clothes. .... Extra exercise this week to see if it will shift.
My targets are clothes.
1. Go from size 12 to size 10 (accomplished)
2. Go from size 10 to loose fit size 8 (accomplished)
3. Go from loose size 8 to the regular fit size 8
4. Wear my perfect size 8 skinny jeans without looking like a muffin when I button them up
5. Stop singing out loud before the neighbours kills me! (I know this is not a clothes-related target but if I get in these jeans I'll be singing for sure!!!)
Think it's better to have small targets rather than one big one - losing 25lb sounds mammoth but:-
1. losing half a stone
2. going down into next stone range
3. losing one stone
4. losing one and a half stone
5. lose 25 lbs

seems much more doable (nearly seven weeks in and am already at step 2 and not far off 3 ..!!)
Thanks for getting back

TML13 - I'd settled for getting to a Size 12! :frown:

I agree, blue. I think it is easier to aim for smaller targets. Feels less of a mountain.

Caro - I hadn't thought about rewards TBH. Just the satisfaction of getting there!

At some stage it'll have to be new clothes. Or at least different ones. I still have a fair few of the 'size down' packed away "just in case" and it looks as if I'll actually get there this time.. Yay!! :drink:

Hmm. Shall have to go away and think about this... :grin:
I don't set myself targets but just sit back and see if anything occurs. I don't weigh myself, although out of interest I may do so after 6 months. I do take measurements to see if there are any changes, as it is nice to put a number on it, but that is all I do. I am interested to see what will happen after a year on this way of eating and forward but I see myself doing this for the rest of my life.

When I was younger I got very obsessive about my weight, dieting and over-exercising. I don't want to get into that mindset again and can feel the temptation so I am deliberately avoiding things that may be a trigger :)
Basketcase, if I settled for size 12 then I wouldn't start 5:2. Not to mention that I'd have to buy a whole new wardrobe and I can't possibly afford that. And I'm not even going to start with the health problems...
I have been setting myself little targets with little treats since I started :

1. Under 12 stone - treat going to pictures during the day
2. Losing I/2 stone - handbag not expensive one
3. Losing 1 stone - iPad - main treat!
4. Under 11 stone - box set of The Thick of It
5. Losing 1 1/2 stone - new clothes for hols hopefully
6. Under 10 1/2 stone - I'd be happy but haven't decided treat maybe facial or massage
7. Losing 2 stone - amazing - big treat to be decided
8. Under 10 stone - !!!!

13 weeks in & I'm on no.4 & typing on my iPad.
Went under 11stone(154lbs) last saturday weigh in so if I stay under this week - DVD box set here I come - love Malcolm Tucker :heart:
My list might sound crazy & totally materialistic but most of these things I would be buying anyway (was saving up for iPad). I just decided to try & motivate myself( doing 5:2 alone) by earning these rewards. It's working & making it more fun :smile:
Hey Scotty, we love the "thick of it". Would be a great distracter on fast days!
Yes it would be - I love the series, its one I could watch again & again. I got into it late, only with reruns before the fourth series but I'm total convert, that & Twenty Twelve (might need to get that on box set too). But am a bit worried cos I quite fancy Malcolm Tucker & love his one liners :shock:
I set smaller targets. My first target is to get to 50 lbs lost. Once I reach that, I will probably reset in 25 lb increments. I have no rewards planned until I get to under 200 lbs, or maybe 175 lbs. I plan on getting me a new horse. :grin:

I sold all my horses except my old man when my granddaughter was born. Between work and helping take care of her, I just didn't have time for them. My old man died a couple years ago, he was 27, so now I'm "gaitless". I plan to change that when I get back down to a "normal" weight.

I had Doc for about 18 yrs. Pasture sure looks empty without him there.
I have just over a stone to lose, which has always seemed like a mammoth task for me as I have always gained back the 1/2 stone after losing it no matter what I tried. Could never keep up any other regime.

So my first target is 1/2 a stone, then after that getting under 9 stone! And then it's a few pounds away from that to my target of 8st 10lbs, the happiest I ever remember feeling (I've been down to 8st 4lbs before but I had completely lost my appetite and was eating next to nothing).

As long as I'm down those 15lbs by the time my holiday comes around (August) I will be rewarding myself with a massive shopping spree! :D Can't wait to try on clothes, maybe even get a cheeky Size 10, that I don't feel like I'm bulging out of. I have a large bust so I'll still be buying Size 12 to fit it, I imagine! But Size 10 shorts are probably my ultimate goal, haha :)
12 posts Page 1 of 1