The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

4 posts Page 1 of 1
Accidental fasting
28 Apr 2013, 05:08
Yesterday was not meant to be a fast day, but I was hungover* and realized by about 5pm that I had only eaten 250 cals. I got an invitation to a party tonight, so I decided just to have a low cal dinner last night. I managed to squeeze a 5k in as well. All while being hungover.

*does anyone else find they get drunk really easily after being on this diet for awhile (a month for me)? I am consciously trying to cut down on alcohol, too, which probably adds to the effect.
Re: Accidental fasting
28 Apr 2013, 05:37
Good on you MaryAnn, making it work.
Quite a few folk are saying that they are finding that they can't handle the drink the way they could pre 5:2. There is a thread about alcohol consumption in general and it's mentioned there quite a bit. So you're not alone!
28 Apr 2013, 06:48
MaryAnn wrote: Yesterday was not meant to be a fast day, but I was hungover* and realized by about 5pm that I had only eaten 250 cals. I got an invitation to a party tonight, so I decided just to have a low cal dinner last night. I managed to squeeze a 5k in as well. All while being hungover.

*does anyone else find they get drunk really easily after being on this diet for awhile (a month for me)? I am consciously trying to cut down on alcohol, too, which probably adds to the effect.

Fair play... I can't even do 5 mins let alone 5k while hungover, I'm useless. Thankfully it's a rarity these days as one glass of vino is enough for me..... if a younger version of me could see me saying that now, she'd be laughing all the way to the pub!!
29 Apr 2013, 09:37
Hi MaryAnn, I had an accidental fast day yesterday too, I'd taken some healthy snacks with me to a netball tournament and then by 2pm had only had 150 cals. so with a healthy and lite sunday roast that was me done for the day, I'm allowed 573 cals too as I'm overweight. Fortunately I didn't have the hangover to go with mine, but I bet you feel fab today.
4 posts Page 1 of 1