The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

9 posts Page 1 of 1
I have lost over a stone since living the 5:2 way : just great in itself - but when my gym track pants slid down pretty low as I worked on the treadmill, I finally could believe in the changes happening to my 73 year old body which feels younger with less aches and pains. Just bought new size 14s as opposed to current 18s. That is so nice and I am feeling "lithe and lissome" and healthy. Feel I want to encourage everyone that it's worth getting used to this WOE for so many benefits. (My OH and are really in the routine of 5:2 and no fuss.)
Congratulations! What fantastic news, you must feel great having gone down 2 sizes :) xx
Sounds great - happy to hear you were in the privacy of your own home when your pants fell down :lol: That is what I am most looking forward to (not my pants falling down!) but my apple tummy disappearing - It does look as though it is being nibbled though! It is sooo encouraging to hear it is not just all the young things doing this who are getting great results!
Well done! You must be so chuffed. My 75 year old 'grandma' has decided to start 5:2 after seeing the result that my mother and I have had. She's a little concerned that she's too old to see any benefits but I'll pass along your excellent experience to encourage her to stick with it.
That's fantastic, well done :like:
Applespider wrote: Well done! You must be so chuffed. My 75 year old 'grandma' has decided to start 5:2 after seeing the result that my mother and I have had. She's a little concerned that she's too old to see any benefits but I'll pass along your excellent experience to encourage her to stick with it.

My father has been doing 5:2 since January and he is 84!!!
In fact, I was very anti home doing it, but am now a convert... Haven't told him yet though :grin:

Oh and... That's great to feel the inches decreasing. I look forward to it happening to me because at the moment I am losing weight, but really want to lose the flabby abdomen!
That's great. So happy for you!
Congratulations, Katharine. That's awesome!
9 posts Page 1 of 1