The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

9 posts Page 1 of 1
I had a week of fasting for studying, weighed myself this morning and I have nearly put on 5lb undoing most the good work I put in! I am hoping that a few of those pounds are water. I am back on fasting in wed and Thurs as these are the only days I can fit in this week and have 3 spin classes and some swims planed so crossed fingers that reverses some of the weight gain. This highlights to me I need to fast every week else I end up losing control of my weight again.
Oops, a lesson learned the hard way! Don't be too hard on yourself though, you haven't been doing this for long and from your BMI you don't need to lose loads of weight so good luck with getting back on track this week.
What a shame.
So hard to move it sometimes and then you take a break and it just jumps back (the pounds) on SO quickly.
Just not fair.
Good luck with a return to this woe :clover:
I am sure it is not fat that you have put on. Remember 3000 cals is about a pound so it is unlikely you overate that much through the week.
Hi tammy, I learned that lesson 2 weeks ago, but don't worry with 5:2 you will be back to your pre week off weight soon.
At least you know what to do Tammygirl and you know that it works so you are still further forward than you were when you started. :lol:
I won't be having a week of again, even if I can only manage 6.1 some weeks. I didn't over eat 17500 calories that I would have needed to put on 5lb I think that would be fairly impossible lol so I am sure its not 5lb of fat, actually most days I ate fairly healthy so I am hoping 2 days of fasting and I'll be back to or near where I was. Was a bit depressing standing on the scales though this morning. Maybe I should weigh myself less! thanks for all the support it has helped :-) x
I had a week off a few weeks ago - and yes, put weight back on - more than was possible compared to what I was eating. So it came back off again with just the two days of fasting, so you should be OK. Turns out that for me quite a bit of it was water retention.
Indeed, almost certainly the majority is water retention. A pair of scales which indicate fat & water % can be encouraging at these times!
9 posts Page 1 of 1