The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

11 posts Page 1 of 1
Very first fast day
29 Apr 2013, 12:22
Ok, so her i go :dazed:
Today is my very first fasting day. I am trying to just have fluids until tea time then have my 500calories then. i cant wait until teatime :starving: . I have cleaned the house from top to bottom to try and take my mind of food, which did work. I have drank three cups of tea and am having my third pint of water just now. Only four hours until food :lol: Got a slight headache at the moment though. But I am sure al get there i am excited to see the results. :grin:
Re: Very first fast day
29 Apr 2013, 12:33
Hi Mofid & welcome! Well done on taking the plunge, I'm sure you'll do just fine. Fasting does get easier, and is more a matter of willpower for the first few while you get used to it.

You can always have a good old browse through topics here to keep you occupied! It's a great time killer :)
29 Apr 2013, 12:39
Hi Mofid,
have started today as well and so far nothing past my lips other than 2 black coffees, the kettle is boiling for the 3rd as I write. Don't know whether to have some soup now or wait until later and have a bigger feed then....determined to get through first day as near as possible to the 600 I'm allowed.

Best of luck with the first day Mofid, am sure you'll be fine :like:
29 Apr 2013, 13:28
Thanks for the lovely welcome. It's a fantastic blog with loads of much needed info. I am feeling very positive about this. I shall achieve my bikini body lol.
I have now hoovered the car and am heading into town to pick up my son from school. " I should fast more often I have got loads done today" (joke by the way lol )
Best of luck to you too Flogster. We can get there
I am a bit worried about my second fast day as it will be Thursday and I am working that day. Working with food shall be a massive challenge. Nightmare!!!
30 Apr 2013, 00:30
Hi Mofid,
My husband and I started yesterday 29/4/13 and survived our first day! Michael was right, the hunger comes in waves although my husband said he was hungry ALL day and he even ate 2 apples. He loves his food so I'm hoping he can stay on it. I lost 800g yesterday although I know this is probably mostly water- but I'll take any loss I can. I'm doing one home day and one work day to start to see which is easier. I really want to lose about 6kgs forever and not be sitting here in 10 years time, starting something new. I'm hoping I've found the answer.
I also have arthritis in my big toes which is very painful - maybe to be honest I'm looking for a miracle here as well - either with less weight putting pressure on or some switch resetting as other health benefits we have read about.
Today is a "normal" day - lovely part of this system.
Good luck
30 Apr 2013, 01:19
Welcome to the forums, CMBH7 - and congrats on your loss! Good luck :-)
30 Apr 2013, 02:30
Hey guys,
My very first fast day today and as someone that normally eats non stop, I'm finding it super hard so far!! But 7 hours down, 5 to go!!
I am vegan and would absolutely love it if anybody could help me out with some low cal vegan dish recipes.
The plan at this stage is to eat all 500 cal at dinner time.
Good luck everyone, good to be here.
Kym
30 Apr 2013, 02:42
Welcome to the forums!

Congrats on your first fast :-) I posted a south indian veg curry which I love so much I often make now for fast nights. It makes enough for hubby and I to have it for dinner on both of our fast nights in a given week. The recipe is in the recipes section of the forum. There are quite a few veg recipes

Enjoy!
30 Apr 2013, 04:06
Mofid wrote: I have cleaned the house from top to bottom to try and take my mind of food, which did work.

Mofid wrote: I have now hoovered the car and am heading into town to pick up my son from school.

Welcome Mofid, Can you come fast at my house?
:grin:
30 Apr 2013, 04:55
hi guys!
what a very good idea this is!
I started yesterday...had two scrambled eggs and lots of cherry tomatoes and then went all.day til a massive salad for tea and strawberries and a no sugar jelly. Lots of fruit tea and water. It was easier than I thought! Bit of a headache this morning but not that hungry. Next fast day is Thursday though and I'll be at work...I work in a bakery!
30 Apr 2013, 05:34
Hello gilly16 and all other new members
welcome, enjoy your fasts and the results and keep us posted on your progress
11 posts Page 1 of 1