The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

4 posts Page 1 of 1
Which Bathroom Scales to Buy?
30 Apr 2013, 01:27
Hi all,

I have now done two fast days, one on friday last week and one on Monday. I plan on doing a third on Wednesday and want to do my first weigh-in on Saturday morning. The only problem is that I don't actually own scales!

I would like a set that measures body fat as well and don't want to spend a bucket load of cash. I am looking at one of the Weight Wtachers sets that is $49 from Harvey Norman here in Sydney. Any suggestions?

Thanks guys!
I too, would like a recommendation for new scales. Should I invest in one that will measure body fat % and water and weight. Or just get a regular digital? I still have an analog dial that changes a bit everytime you step on and off, of course I record the best of 3 attempts. :)
I have just ordered a set which measure weight to 0.1 of a kg, and measure body fat, they are made by Salter and were cheap on amazon.Co.UK (£15).
However, I think measuring body fat is a bit of a fine art and unless you spend a reasonable amount its not that likely to be accurate.
I am looking forwards to the 0.1 scale, but to be honest I will take the body fat with a pinch of salt. I'm hoping to get my body fat measured at the gym on a monthly basis to get a better reading.
The absolute WORST thing about Australia is no Amazon! I lived in the UK for 5 years and OH how I miss Amazon (and British Cadburys but that's another story!).

Yes I've read the body fat measurements on even the best models are only about 75% accurate however they do provide fairly good tracking of your change in body fat because their inaccuracy is consistent!

I have also considered just going to those public scales that measure everything for you at once but then I have to try and go at the same time each week and it starts getting a bit complicated.

At the moment I am now looking at a Tanita set that are about $80AUD online that have decent reviews.
4 posts Page 1 of 1