The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

8 posts Page 1 of 1
Someone please help!?
30 Apr 2013, 15:12
Last week I fasted on Wednesday and Friday (Also, on Thursday, I only had fruit after 4 which really helps my weight). On Saturday I weighed in at 117, one of my best so far. :victory: I fasted again yesterday, and this morning weighed in at 119!! :shock: How is it possible that I gained?? Please help!
Re: Someone please help!?
30 Apr 2013, 15:15
It could be anything I.e water relation time of the month etc. your best to weigh yourself on the same day each week as weight fluctuates so much
30 Apr 2013, 15:17
Hi tussya and welcome!

Don't worry, you won't have actually gained fat in such a short time and having eaten so well. Our body weights fluctuate from day to day based on all sorts of factors - water retention, exercise, food in the gut, time of day, hormones...

To gain 2lbs you would have to have overeaten by around 7000 calories, around a 3.5 day overeat. That's certainly not the case here and I think you'll find that it's just a natural fluctuation appearing on the scales.

The best way to notice the downward trend is either to weigh weekly on the same day & time or to use an app which logs your daily weight and trends the line for you. If you weigh on a daily basis you'll see the weight goes up and down like a yo-yo, but in the long term the numbers head downwards.

This is a helpful thread for your situation:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1006
30 Apr 2013, 15:19
hello,,dont panic,,very often after a fast day our bodies are holding tight to fluid!! before realising that it must let it go ! stay with it...and like Claire23 says you are better to choose a day each week to weigh and stick to it.
01 May 2013, 00:02
Thank you so much! I was really worried there. Fasting tomorrow with more inspiration! )
01 May 2013, 00:10
Yep, it goes up and down. I only save my weekend weigh in - and in 3 weeks, it has been down each week, sometimes only a fraction, but still down. Some will gain or plateau for weeks at a time, but eventually weight starts shifting again. Make sure you take measurements, at least the waist one, as this sometimes will lose inches when the weight won't budge!
01 May 2013, 04:28
Like mustshift it says, I lose a lot of fluid during my fast days and hang on to it the next day so my wieght can vary markedly. Sticking to the same time/same day seems to balance it out. Keep with it. :lol:
01 May 2013, 06:38
Hi, all the above is great information. Also, I am not sure how Tall you are but 119 pounds (?) is a pretty good weight anyway. It is definitely much harder to lose the closer you are to your ideal weight. Have you checked your bmi.?
8 posts Page 1 of 1