The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

15 posts Page 1 of 1
Second fast day tomorrow - any suggestions for a last crumb before bed?? :grin:
I'll say whatever you crave. How about a small toastie with cheddar?
There's a lot of advice about having some protein just before a fast being the best choice. Carbs and sugar might make the fast tougher. I haven't found that personally though. I've had everything from ice cream to take away on the night before my fast and I just find they get easier the more fasts I have under my belt.
Oatmeal? :) only if you like it, hehe!
Mmmmmm ice cream!!!
True...... Ice cream!! :dazed:
I had one today as it was nice and sunny for a change!
Heh heh, all those items, what a combo lol! Heading fridge-wards now - prob cheese n toast :-)!
Ice Princess and TML - not warm enough for ice cream today up here in t' frozen north, haha!!
Soon I hope! It is warm here in Athens but so humid that I still sleep with my electrical blanket on.
Tis May tomorrow here in Northumberland - so will take snow shovel and wellies out of the car ...
Honestly, I wouldn't. You get more benefits the longer that you fast; with many of us going for the 24 hour mark by just having one meal in the evening.

If you have a late-night snack before fasting, you're delaying your fast start by 3-4 hours and might see slower results. Unless you think that you're really not going to make it through the fast without it, I'd skip it. Have a hot drink if you feel you need something.
Applespider, keep in mind that some of us have only weight loss in our minds so we just do the 500/600 calories in one day and we don't think the day before or the day after. I'm not saying that it is right or wrong, I'm saying that that's what we do.
That's what I do, unless of course I'm out for the night and come back at 6am and have a snack at 7. In that case, I just don't fast on that day because I know that it won't work, LOL.
Had that snack and very welcome it was too! Now towards end of only my second ever day fast (walking before running, one step at a time) and feeling quite pleased with self, as skipped breakfast and didn't start my graze box till 1.15pm! Have remaining 2 items in graze box, plus 54 cals spare, which I will delay having as long as poss, so as not to go to bed hungry :-) ... The only downside to the day was my tum rumble late this arvo ... Unfortunately this was in a pensions seminar and very embarrassing it was too :-D ... But a small price to pay ...
(PS no offence meant Applesider and thanks for taking the time to post :-) )
I dint have breakfast or lunch and started my graze box at 3 pm :)
Me too still got 2 items left but no spare calories :( as I ate half a banana.
Did you get any cake and tea bag in your graze box? As my favourite so far has been the tiny banana cake and Assam tea :)
Hi IcePrincess yes I got tea bag and poppy and lemon cake, have saved that and the mixed lemon and rosemary olives to have ssoooooonn (!) with 54 cal remaining (prob ryvita with slick of philly :-O )
Silverdarling wrote: Hi IcePrincess yes I got tea bag and poppy and lemon cake, have saved that and the mixed lemon and rosemary olives to have ssoooooonn (!) with 54 cal remaining (prob ryvita with slick of philly :-O )

Sounds yummy! :)
15 posts Page 1 of 1